ako out of position unimproved

Was looking at my PT stats, and don't think I'm winning enough with AKo. Could be small sample issues, but could also be how I'm playing it.So I want to look at strategy for this hand in more detail. Of course it is easy to play when you hit. It is also pretty easy to play when you are in position and miss. What I find tough is playing it OOP UI.Maybe we can post some hands and figure some general guidelines based on board texture and field size.Here is one example:Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) Preflop: econ_tim is SB with A:heart:, K:spade:. UTG calls, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (6 SB) 8:diamond:, 3:diamond:, 2:diamond: (3 players)econ_tim ...Here's a terrible flop and the pot is not to big. I think giving up is best. Maybe bet and the check/fold if called.

Checking this flop doesn't seem correct.If you bet and get a caller, you still might have the best hand, and you will usually have the best hand if you improve on the turn. Most players who flopped a pair in this situation are going to pay you off on the turn and river if you improve.If you bet and get two callers, it's safe to shut down.