ultimate poker challenge

Does anyone watch this show? I watched it for the first time a couple of days ago. It was episode 7. I'm no professional, but even I can say the play was horrible. Some of the moves these people made (or didn't make) made me laugh.Season 1 is out on DVD. I may pick it up.

The production values blow on that show. Chad Brown is also one of the more annoying poker commentators. That said, I'll watch it if there's no other poker on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I picked up the season 1 DVD, mostly because I'm a bit of a poker groupie and I had a week off work.Amongst the players featured are:Gavin SmithJames Van AlstyneErik SeidelAndy BlochMel JudahTodd BrunsonMaureen FeduniakMax PescatoriChris FergusonChris HinchcliffeKathy LiebertKristy GazesEvelyn NgKenna JamesDavid PlastikAmir VahediPete LawsonJohn CernutoKarina JettPaul MagrielJeff Shulman (from cardplayer)Jim MeehanBob StupakJohn PhanJoe AwadaBarry GreensteinScotty NguyenThe shows last about 40-45 minutes with 7 players at each table.There's the equivalent of WPT's Shana Hiatt wandering around Fremont Street asking people if they know what "nuts" or "tilt" mean.Overall, the play is reasonable from the pro's, and often weak from the non-name players.The additional time constraints of cramming 7 players into 40 minutes (as opposed to 6 players into 80 minutes with the WPT) are obviousEditing is poor, and the fact that the audience often consists of about 6 people makes it laughable in places.I didn't feel totally insulted when watching it, but I doubt I'll watch it again.