WHAT'S UP.I just wanted to update you on what has been going on the past couple days at the poker table for me.#1 - I downloaded the trial version of Pokertracker (as was reccomended to me). Holy crap. This program is awesome. I am somewhat of a stats junkie, so this is sweet. I've only got about 400 hands on it so far though. I figure my real poker "career" starts now...after talking to you guys, and reading SSHE and using poker tracker. So far so good as I am up 17BB/hr. Which sounds really impressive until you realize that It is the $25 NL table at Party. Also, I know thats not a sustainable rate...but maybe it's not too high for the levels I am playing. I will be purchasing Pokertracker shortly.I feel so much better about my game now, looking at my stats shows that I don't raise enough PF (8%). It also says I play WAY too many hands...but its skewed a bit because I played 6-max yesterday. All in all, I feel really good and I am looking forward to playing this game (gotta start at the micro limits I guess) until I feel confident to move up.I will continue to post hands and read the strat boards of course, and I really appreciate all the help everyone has given me.I do have 3 questions though:(1). Would playing the SSHE starting hands very strictly be a good idea for me (assuming full ring game)(2). Is there a webpage, or thread, that says what ideal poker tracker stats are?(3). Am I allowed to ejaculate to the thought of playing with Poker Tracker stats?er....I've said too much.Thanks everyone,Len

SSHE is for LHE.Are you going to be playing NL only?
hmmm...No I won't be playing NL only, but i do seem to play it more than I play LHE.Are the starting hand requirements different for NL? I've read SS once, but I didn't really get a lot out of the NL section...it seemed like it would apply to stakes higher than what I am playing. Maybe I'm wrong though.I will be picking up a copy of SS2 today to re-read it though.What is reccomended reading for NL?
hmmm...No I won't be playing NL only, but i do seem to play it more than I play LHE.Are the starting hand requirements different for NL?
I think in NL, "requirements" is even vaguer than Limit. Depends on your style, stacks, table image ( uh..that one is inconsequential unless you are an extreme Maniac..imo..at least at low stakes I play).Certainly the SSHE list is not a disastrous start..but pos and visibilty are more important. I think KJ off for example sux in NL but ok in Limit.As you can see, I'm no expert in either game.lol.
What is reccomended reading for NL?
I hear "Geting Started in Hold'em" has a good section for NL..plus it's a great precursor to SSHE for LHE. I have itr..was good for 1st LHE book.