Second hand at the table so no read at allCritique all streets please, and don't hold back.I've got AdTcPoker Room .50/$1PRE-FLOPFolds around to Hero. Hero bets $0.75, Villian calls $0.50.FLOP [board cards 6H,5S,KC ]Hero bets $0.50, Villian calls $0.50.TURN [board cards 6H,5S,KC,5C ]Hero bets $1, Villian bets $2, Hero calls $1.This call really bugs meRIVER [board cards 6H,5S,KC,5C,JH ]Hero checks, Villian bets $1, Hero folds.I'm guessing this is standard, but I'm worried about spewing with absolutely nothing.I'm always trying to be aggressive, but I think I'm being too aggressive sometimes.

I'd be inclined to fold the turn personally. Your drawing dead if he has a 5, 3 outs if he has a King and you will need to call 2 more bets to see a showdown if you put him on a bluff. Definitely not a good spot to be in, so a fold on the turn is your best option IMO.Pre-Flop and Flop are fine btw.

That's kind of what I figured.I've gotta think he hit a set of fives since he woke up there on the turn.
It's one thing to be aggressive, but when you get played back at and have nothing, it's best to give it up. Yes, sometimes you get outplayed, it just happens. You have to be laying down the best hand sometimes if your playing well.