strategy table 10/21/2005

Thanks everyone for doubling me up.HeroesLie is the alias I played under for those of you who were there.
you called down way too much with hands that should've been folded
Thanks everyone for doubling me up.HeroesLie is the alias I played under for those of you who were there.
lol. i wasn't there, and i have no idea what the hands were, but i think it should be at least mentioned that on some tables as crazy as those, folding and NOT going to showdown is often a mistake. i have no idea if liberty called down too much, but it's very possible that you're being too critical and in fact wrong, given that people on that table tend to bluff 100 times more than any other table.aseem
lol. i wasn't there, and i have no idea what the hands were, but i think it should be at least mentioned that on some tables as crazy as those, folding and NOT going to showdown is often a mistake. i have no idea if liberty called down too much, but it's very possible that you're being too critical and in fact wrong, given that people on that table tend to bluff 100 times more than any other table.aseem
KDwag you check raised the turn I would say at least 70% of the time with no pair and no draw when you were in a pot. I'm not folding bottom pair in a pot that is going to give me 7 to 1 or more on my money when I know that 1 in 7 times you are bluffing, at least. I'm going to go into check/call mode to win the most when you are behind and loose the least when you actually have a hand since it was impossible to put you on a hand most of the time.As for the rest of the players that played there, you let me run you over with bluff check raises and bets when a scare card came down. 90% of the time you had me beat yet you were folding to my c/r or my bet when a scare card came down when it was only one more bet and you were almost always getting at least six to one on your money.You can call me a LAG, maniac, fish or what ever you like but when it comes down to it I knew I was on a table ofA) Tight solid players that I can push off hands with my aggressionand B) A couple of maniacs that are trying to teach the tight solid players about playing against maniacsso I opened up my starting hands against the maniacs, seeing as how I had posistion on both of them most of the time, and against the tight players I kept pushing at them taking down pot after pot until they finally started to push back.Obviously if I was playing a normal ring game on party poker I wouldn't be playing real poker like I did at the strat. table last night, but it wasn't a real table. It was a strategy table full of good solid tight players that knew what they were doing so I adjusted my play accordingly.Cheers. :wink:
this looks like the thread to boast on.I won 1st and 2nd in the Home Tournies mentioned above, netting $90.ITPAMM
every donkey has their day.fish. :club: aseem
KDwag you check raised the turn I would say at least 70% of the time with no pair and no draw when you were in a pot. I'm not folding bottom pair in a pot that is going to give me 7 to 1 or more on my money when I know that 1 in 7 times you are bluffing, at least. I'm going to go into check/call mode to win the most when you are behind and loose the least when you actually have a hand since it was impossible to put you on a hand most of the time.
i think saying that I CRed the turn with no pair, no draw 70% of the time last night is a gross overestimate. I'd say about 90% of the time, I had whoever it was that I would do that to. just sayin
KDwag you check raised the turn I would say at least 70% of the time with no pair and no draw when you were in a pot. I'm not folding bottom pair in a pot that is going to give me 7 to 1 or more on my money when I know that 1 in 7 times you are bluffing, at least. I'm going to go into check/call mode to win the most when you are behind and loose the least when you actually have a hand since it was impossible to put you on a hand most of the time.
i think saying that I CRed the turn with no pair, no draw 70% of the time last night is a gross overestimate. I'd say about 90% of the time, I had whoever it was that I would do that to. just sayin
Well I'm not saying by any means you don't know how to play poker. I'm just saying last night you were purposley acting like a maniac, so it was correct for me to be calling you down with any piece, IMO.