could you call in this spot?

I'm in a four handed game with a very agressive person to my right. he just got off a bad beat and you could tell he was steaming.action was folded over to him in the small blind. he raised my blind the standard raise and i looked down at A7 offsuit. i feel pretty comfortable playing on the flop so i just callflop comes down 844 and he moves in without a thought. so im looking down at A high and i got a good feel that its the best hand. after a while i call and he flips over just k2 offsuiti had him drawing to 6 outs but he caught a 2 on the riveri lost about 3/4 of my stack on that handwas that a good call or should i have just given him credit for the bluff and let it go

well it was a good read, but even if he was bluffing, you might not have had him beat here. WIth A7, you by no means have him dominated unless he was holding K7 or A2, something like that. If he wasn't holding a A or a 7, he still would have had 2 live cards to hit which he did. Just because he pushes all-in with nothing doesnt mean you should call him with nothing either. If he's going to play this way, just wait for a better spot to bust him.

I need more information here. What was your stack, his? What were the blinds and what was the "standard" raise.As for your call, I have to agree that you need to wait for a better spot to bust him. You need a pocket pair or to hit the flop better here. Even a better kicker might justify a call.I would say your call was just as loose as his bet, but I need more particulars.

A7 in 4 handed against an aggressive player who just got on tilt? push preflop. you know he is going to push the stack whatver the flop - so either fold to the raise or reraise all in. calling is not so great.

I agree with your play here. I don't have a problem with just calling before the flop. After he moved all in if you are confident that your read on him is correct, then you should call is all-in. He hit the card he needed on the river and stuff like that is going to happen, but you got your money in with the best hand.