Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: screech is MP1 with 9:heart:, 9:spade:. 2 folds.Flop: (5.50 SB) 3:club:, 2:spade:, K:spade: (2 players)screech bets, MP2 calls.Turn: (3.75 BB) A:club: (2 players)screech bets, MP2 calls.River: (5.75 BB) K:heart: (2 players)screech checks, MP2 bets, screech calls.Final Pot: 7.75 BBVillian was 58/0/1.24 after 70 hands.This hand is more of a check-up than anything else. Please critique.

I'd fold the river. Doubt he's betting with a hand that has you beat. I actually would probably also check/fold the turn too.
I think folding the turn is a big mistake. This guy plays over 50% of his hands. He could easily have a lower pair, a draw, or nothing at all.
I'd fold the river. Doubt he's betting with a hand that has you beat. I actually would probably also check/fold the turn too.
I think folding the turn is a big mistake. This guy plays over 50% of his hands. He could easily have a lower pair, a draw, or nothing at all.
It's tough for me to say because I've never played at 2/4, but I think he most likely has a K or A and you are wa/wb here. I still wouldn't lead the turn, maye check/call is an option.

I like the turn bet, but I think the river is a check/fold. I think you win this less than 10% of the time.There's over 200 ways he could have an A or a K, and only 35 ways he could have a flush draw you can beat. Plus an A or a K is more likely to cold call PF than two low spades.

I like the turn bet, but I think the river is a check/fold. I think you win this less than 10% of the time.There's over 200 ways he could have an A or a K, and only 35 ways he could have a flush draw you can beat. Plus an A or a K is more likely to cold call PF than two low spades.
What about the times he has QJ, JT, or QT?How about 88-44?54, 64, or 65?

I have to be good on the river 13% of the time to make calling correct.Hands that beat me (assume he would raise somewhere with AA/KK/33/22):QQ-TT (18 combos)Ax (138 combos)Kx (84 combos)Total = 240 combos. That means that there has to be 36 combos of cards that he could have in this situation that would make calling correct. (36/(36 + 240).88-44 gives us 30.QJ/QT/JT gives us another 48.This does not even include the flush combos, or the 2x/3x combos, or the 65/64/54 combos he could have.

What about the times he has QJ, JT, or QT?How about 88-44?54, 64, or 65?
It seems to me his aggro. factor is a little high for him to be calling on the flop with QJ, JT, QT. 88-44 have no business calling the turn, but a very loose player might call down with them. 65 and 64 might cold-call the flop, and might call the turn.I agree that these hands are at least somewhat possible, and push it closer to a call. But without a specific read on the player that he will chase hands like this, I think they're a very small possibility.
hey screech..is bet/fold an option here? why or why not?
missed draws don't call, but they might bet or raise.see why this means bet/fold sucks?aseem
yea, true. Im still trying to find situations to use the bet/fold line. thanks.
use bet/fold where you miss value by checking, but that if you're raised, you are almost always beat.aseem