razor: did i play this hand correctly?

Was this a bad laydown? I was playing in a $1 buy-in tournament on Pokerstars saturday night (11:30pm start). There were 2262 entrants into this tournament. This hand happened a little bit after the 2nd break. I was sitting with an above average stack at the time. PokerStars Game #1145369905: Tournament #4786690, Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2005/01/30 - 01:51:00 (ET)Table '4786690 2' Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: AAv23o/s (21735 in chips) Seat 2: benvandlak (10294 in chips) Seat 3: PlayinOnTilt (3701 in chips) Seat 4: danpokerman (4524 in chips) Seat 5: collegeboy (7778 in chips) Seat 6: pparazorback (21450 in chips) Seat 7: Nevada Ghost (7555 in chips) Seat 8: SeminoleJoel (31348 in chips) Seat 9: WldHurricane (3935 in chips) AAv23o/s: posts the ante 50benvandlak: posts the ante 50PlayinOnTilt: posts the ante 50danpokerman: posts the ante 50collegeboy: posts the ante 50pparazorback: posts the ante 50Nevada Ghost: posts the ante 50SeminoleJoel: posts the ante 50WldHurricane: posts the ante 50collegeboy: posts small blind 300pparazorback: posts big blind 600*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to pparazorback [Ah 7h]Nevada Ghost: folds SeminoleJoel: folds WldHurricane: folds AAv23o/s: folds benvandlak: calls 600PlayinOnTilt: folds danpokerman: folds collegeboy: calls 300pparazorback: checks I figured i had a chance at the nut flush draw here, and no one has any idea of my hand status since I was in the BB and did not have to act in response to a raise. Perhaps this is where I may have made a mistake, if any.*** FLOP *** [Ac 7c Qc]collegeboy: checks pparazorback: bets 1800benvandlak: calls 1800collegeboy: calls 1800Ok, so this is a horrible flop me. Here I am, sitting with Two pair, Aces and Sevens. BUT, the problem here is 3 cLubs fell. I made 3 bets after the first guy checked, and got called by both of them. I thought at least one of these players may have already met their flush. Important to note that these players both had been laying down hands unless they had something to any bet higher than the BB. *** TURN *** [Ac 7c Qc] [Jd]Ok, the turn is even worse for me. Now the straight is made with any K-10 hand, and of course, someone may already have the flush. So this happens....collegeboy: checks pparazorback: bets 1200benvandlak: raises 6644 to 7844 and is all-incollegeboy: folds Now I am thinking i am drawing with the 2nd best hand with 6 outs. Obviously collegeboy didn't have a hand strong enough to continue, and I was convinced Ben has made his hand. I used a chunk of my timebank contemplating what to do.pparazorback: folds pparazorback said, "I am laying down Ace 7 hearts... Show?"benvandlak collected 10050 from potbenvandlak: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot 10050 | Rake 0 Board [Ac 7c Qc Jd]Seat 1: AAv23o/s folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: benvandlak collected (10050)Seat 3: PlayinOnTilt folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: danpokerman (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: collegeboy (small blind) folded on the TurnSeat 6: pparazorback (big blind) folded on the TurnSeat 7: Nevada Ghost folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: SeminoleJoel folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: WldHurricane folded before Flop (didn't bet)The following conversation ensued...AAv23o/s said, "bad laydown:)"pparazorback said, "Maybe..."tommyputts [observer] said, "I disagree"pparazorback said, "Flush draw AND straight draw"tommyputts [observer] said, "he's trying to f with ya"tommyputts [observer] said, "he had the flush"AAv23o/s said, "what tommy"AAv23o/s said, "u see his whole cards"AAv23o/s said, "i went rabbit hunting"AAv23o/s said, "i saw the river"tommyputts [observer] said, "ben had the flush"AAv23o/s said, "river card = 7"pparazorback said, "lol"pparazorback said, "I live to see another hand"I thought was drawing dead and laid down what COULD have been the best hand, but I didn't think it was. Do you think i made the correct call? I just want this one hand critiqued. The tournament itself did have a happy ending. I finally was busted out - at 4:55AM on the final table in 6th place and collected about $87 for the night which was my best MTT Finish to date. My previous best was 18th in a $5 buy-in in December.

I think you should've tried to get a cheap showdown.The bet on the flop was alright. But i think you should've checked the turn.  Was it a bad laydown? No
I wouldn't have checked the turn, as I wouldn't want to give flush draws a free card. I would have laid it down too. You weren't getting the right pot odds to chase your 4 outer full-house (edited from '6').You still have a strong chip position...live to fight again.

These hands are always nasty, and with 2 calls to your flop bet you do get nervous.I think the laydown is fine lacking reads on your opponent and only having 4 outs (not 6 holman :wink: ) , but I think there is a way to play the hand so that you have a bit more confidence laying down.If you were willing to bet 1800 & 1200 on the flop and turn, why not put all 3k in on the flop. Drawing hands in NL (especially to the nuts) are often going to call a pot-sized flop bet due to implied odds. Over betting the flop by putting in 3k will give you all the info you need. Anyone that calls or raises is serious and you can get away at the same cost.The best case scenario is obviously fold, fold from your 2 opponents, but you may also get the player on your left to fold and a call followed by a turn check on the right, giving you the free card to outdraw.It also shows no fear, unlike your turn bet (more about that in a sec) so reduces the chances of getting outplayed.I think the turn bet was chips wasted. With 2 opponents calling, its highly likely at least one is on a flush draw. Therefore if you are betting the turn you are trying to drive the draws out.Betting 1200 into a 7200 pot is giving any flush draw great odds to call and is also showing weakness - which one of your opponents has jumped on. After going all in, you're not sure if they have a a small made flush, a draw to the nuts with the Kc, a set or are bluffing etc etcTo shut the draws out you needed to stick at least 5k in the pot if not more. This obviously commits you to call any raise as your opponents are short stacked comparitively speaking. The down-side here is you may be betting into a made hand.So at the turn you needed to make a decision:If you felt you had the best hand and wanted to shut it down, whack out 8k. This puts you in the driver's seat and you can't be outplayed.If you weren't sure where you stood keep your chips for when you have the best of it and check the turn. Yes it's giving up on the hand, but this is a good hand to give up on - too much trouble.So can you see where the standard pot bet on the flop has ended on the turn, you need to either big-bet it or give-up & cross your fingers that it gets checked around.This leads back to my original suggestion. Bet the flop harder.

I think it was a good laydown as well and I also agree that you might have made it easier on yourself by making a larger bet (3k is good as mentioned) on the flop and give yourself an idea about what kind of strength you are facing. The turn bet really tells you nothing at all since its small compared to the pot and it just seems weak so the all-in could easily be on a semi-bluff with a draw but figuring the bet will probably make you fold.