usc overrated?!?!?!? alabama #1!?!?!?!?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if YOU will read that thread, you will see that I already said 'my bad' on that one. I didn't even read any of the OP b/c I assumed (b/c of the title), that it was someone asking for money. Indeed, the title said, "can I borrow 30 dollars, or something like that.) So, yeah, my mistake on that one, but you can certainly see how the title would cause me to make the assumption that I did. Also, I already owned up to it...so...yeah, guess your second reference to this is a bit irrelevant.
I read the entire post, that's what I do..I read. It was about someone who was "allegedly" DN's cousin getting asked for 30 dollars. I saw that you fessed up...do you want a cookie?I :club: your honesty.GET YOUR OWN TOTS...
so you knew that I fessed up to it and said my bad, yet you still decided to reference it here like it was some horrible thing?? I see. Whatever, I don't care, there was no argument I was responding to in that thread. This thread is different.Yeah, I would love some cookies right now.

I read your whole posts, it's full of the usual propaganda. Darby is a pretty solid running back, but your offense isn't going to get any credit from me running up the score on Utah State.I didn't bring Michigan up, but since you did here is some news for you. Their offense has won a few games this year driving down the field when the game is on the line. Ask Penn State or Iowa. Also, they play offense for 4 full quarters, not just hoping to get lucky on one drive at the end of the game.As far as the TN fumble, yea it was a good forced fumble, but most backs keep the ball 80+% of the time on that hit. Apparently that TN back has a bit of problems with fumbling in clutch situations, he did it against SC too. You keep bringing up 3 losses like it affects me somehow, if you want to toss things out there like that lets check who won a national title more recently between Alabama and Michigan, I am sure the all knowledgeable KK knows the anwser. If not you can google it.All anyone has tried to tell you is that sure, you can have a great defense, but you need to play both sides of the ball, and that 13-10 and 6-3 games make your offense look a bit underwhelming. Being able to win big matters in college football. If Alabama did to TN what they did to Florida, maybe I give them a bit more credit. But your offense is not consistant, and I think LSU and Auburn are more well rounded teams on both sides of the ball than any of the crappy teams you have beat so far. Alabama is not going to score only 6 or 13 points and win either of those games.

I read your whole posts, it's full of the usual propaganda. Darby is a pretty solid running back, but your offense isn't going to get any credit from me running up the score on Utah State.I didn't bring Michigan up, but since you did here is some news for you. Their offense has won a few games this year driving down the field when the game is on the line. Ask Penn State or Iowa. Also, they play offense for 4 full quarters, not just hoping to get lucky on one drive at the end of the game.As far as the TN fumble, yea it was a good forced fumble, but most backs keep the ball 80+% of the time on that hit. Apparently that TN back has a bit of problems with fumbling in clutch situations, he did it against SC too. You keep bringing up 3 losses like it affects me somehow, if you want to toss things out there like that lets check who won a national title more recently between Alabama and Michigan, I am sure the all knowledgeable KK knows the anwser. If not you can google it.All anyone has tried to tell you is that sure, you can have a great defense, but you need to play both sides of the ball, and that 13-10 and 6-3 games make your offense look a bit underwhelming. Being able to win big matters in college football. If Alabama did to TN what they did to Florida, maybe I give them a bit more credit. But your offense is not consistant, and I think LSU and Auburn are more well rounded teams on both sides of the ball than any of the crappy teams you have beat so far. Alabama is not going to score only 6 or 13 points and win either of those games.
Our offense goes five straight games of scoring over 20 points, going over 30 3 times in that run, and then has TWO poorer offensive games, in which we still had game-winning drives at the end when we most needed it, and then scored over 30 in our last game. That is "inconsistent" offense???? Wow, that is some MASSIVELY flawed logic. Again, we average 25 points a game. How is that "inconsistent"?? Alot of teams have insanely high averages that are just boosted by one or two really really really high outputs. For example, USC putting up 70 pts. in a game really helped their average. Not so with us. The most we have scored is 37. So, again we have had plenty of good offensive games, just two bad ones. It is funny that you like to just harp on those two poorer games as your argument, while ignoring all the other games. Funny that you ignore that SC held Georgia to 17 pts. While we put up 37 on them. I can list many more examples of us being a "good" offensive team. Not a "great" offense like a USC, Texas, and so forth, but with our defense, our offense is as good as it needs to be. Also, yeah, Michigan won the national title more recently. Good job. Didn't know we were talking about the past. Pretty sure I was talking about this year. However, if you REALLY want to try and compare Michigan and Alabama's football program histories and traditions....well, even you know you don't wanna go there. Alabama has arguably the greatest college football past and tradition in the nation, everyone knows that, even you.Also, you are calling Florida a crappy team??? Wow, that seems kinda harsh. Also, yeah, LSU and Auburn PROBABLY are more well-rounded teams. But...so are we. They will both be great games. I think we will win. We are definitely the favorite in both of them. I would love to hear you explain why Alabama's offense is "inconsistent" and why they are not that good. Yeah, they had two games where they didn't score that many points. And six games where they scored plenty of points. I already showed you that the QB was the second rated QB in the SEC, our rusher is the leading rusher in the SEC, and our receiver is 3rd best in the SEC. So, what are you basing YOUR claims on?? Just two games????? Surely that can't be all.......doesn't seem like a very solid argument without some good facts.Also, in the game against OLE MISS, we had 350 yards of offense, so it isn't like their defense was stopping us that much. We just couldn't put many points on the board that day. Yeah, that was our problem, but it isn't like our offense was stalling all day. Also, I love how our offense "sucks" and is inconsistent. Well, I guess Georgia isn't very good offensively either, since they are only averaging three more points a game than us. And that includes 48 and 44 point run-ups against Boise St. and Louisiana Monroe.....huh, funny you didn't mention that.Bottom line: Our offense isn't nearly as bad or inconsistent as you want to try and make them out to be, and that is very obvious.
I would love to hear you explain why Alabama's offense is "inconsistent" and why they are not that good. Yeah, they had two games where they didn't score that many points. And six games where they scored plenty of points. I already showed you that the QB was the second rated QB in the SEC, our rusher is the leading rusher in the SEC, and our receiver is 3rd best in the SEC. So, what are you basing YOUR claims on?? Just two games????? Surely that can't be all.......doesn't seem like a very solid argument without some good facts.
You can now stop crying about losing a "huge" part of your offense....What about Tenn-ND this weekend?? Also, it sounds as though MSU is going with their backup QB... I expect another 35-3 game for Bama...
I would love to hear you explain why Alabama's offense is "inconsistent" and why they are not that good. Yeah, they had two games where they didn't score that many points. And six games where they scored plenty of points. I already showed you that the QB was the second rated QB in the SEC, our rusher is the leading rusher in the SEC, and our receiver is 3rd best in the SEC. So, what are you basing YOUR claims on?? Just two games????? Surely that can't be all.......doesn't seem like a very solid argument without some good facts.
You can now stop crying about losing a "huge" part of your offense....What about Tenn-ND this weekend?? Also, it sounds as though MSU is going with their backup QB... I expect another 35-3 game for Bama...
I didn't say we lost all of our offense or anything, I said we lost our most explosive offensive threat. D.J. Hall and Keith Brown are better "receivers," but Prothro is more explosive. Also, if you will read my posts, you will know that I am not "crying" about it, I am just saying that it is a bit ironic that no one ever mentions that injury, yet is so quick to forgive Georgia for losing since they lost one player for one week. what about Tenn-ND?? Probably going to be a close game b/c of Tennessee's defense, but ND will probably win. Tennessee winning would be great for us though. Also, I don't know about Bama running up the score too much on the road. Maybe more like 21-3.
I didn't say we lost all of our offense or anything, I said we lost our most explosive offensive threat. D.J. Hall and Keith Brown are better "receivers," but Prothro is more explosive. Also, if you will read my posts, you will know that I am not "crying" about it, I am just saying that it is a bit ironic that no one ever mentions that injury, yet is so quick to forgive Georgia for losing since they lost one player for one week. what about Tenn-ND?? Probably going to be a close game b/c of Tennessee's defense, but ND will probably win. Tennessee winning would be great for us though. Also, I don't know about Bama running up the score too much on the road. Maybe more like 21-3.
Prothro was not going to cost you a game like Shockley, I believe that was the point...Wow, some respect for ND..I see 'Bama getting a defensive score on this chump that MSU is playing at QB....They will be able to run it up just as they did on Utah State. Pad those offensive/defensive stats against the weak opposition!!!
Prothro was not going to cost you a game like Shockley, I believe that was the point...Wow, some respect for ND..I see 'Bama getting a defensive score on this chump that MSU is playing at QB....They will be able to run it up just as they did on Utah State. Pad those offensive/defensive stats against the weak opposition!!!
You do realize that the receiver I am referring to as 3rd best in the SEC is NOT Prothro, right??? Pretty big difference between having one explosive receiver on the field and having one on each side of the field. Also, I never said ND "sucked." They are good, but they are overrated.
Also, I never said ND "sucked." They are good, but they are overrated.
So when ND beats TN by more than 3 points what are you going to say? ND is favored by 9 and 1/2 right now. Alabama is getting 17, I think they cover that this week.Also, the more I have been looking at how good Alabams's defense is, I keep finding that VT has a better one. Oh, they have a better offense too. Game of the week is VT vs Miami, that should be really entertaining.
Also, I never said ND "sucked." They are good, but they are overrated.
So when ND beats TN by more than 3 points what are you going to say? ND is favored by 9 and 1/2 right now. Alabama is getting 17, I think they cover that this week.Also, the more I have been looking at how good Alabams's defense is, I keep finding that VT has a better one. Oh, they have a better offense too. Game of the week is VT vs Miami, that should be really entertaining.
Yeah, VT's defense is .2 points per game better than ours. Ours is #2 in the nation, yeah, ooohhh, big putdown there. Also, yeah, they have a better offense. So.....I guess that means that my admission that VT should be ranked higher than us right now is...well..pretty consistent with these stats. So...what is your point?? Are you saying that our defense sucks now or something?????Also, IF ND beats Tennessee wins by more than three points....so what?? It means they will have beaten Tennessee by more than three points, simple as that. What do you want me to say about that. Are YOU saying that if ND beats Tenness by six points, that means they are TWICE as good as Alabama then??? Surely you would not ACTUALLY think two loss ND, who hasn't even beaten a very good team yet (No, Michigan isn't a very good team....say what you will...), is better than Alabama. Anyways, VT vs. Miami will be great. Go 'Canes.
Moral of the story is: The BCS blows!We will never know until these teams play each other.
correct. I do think that, under the current system, Alabama should not go ahead of VT or USC unless they lose. However, if both Alabama and Texas win out, I think a case COULD be made for Alabama jumping Texas, based on the really really weak Big 12 this year. Not that this is likely to happen, but I think it is slightly possible. However, I think a USC v. Texas Rose Bowl will be just fine. I'd love to see a VT v. Bama game if they both win out, would be a really good matchup I think.
Every time this garbage happens they say they will fix it. It just gets irritating. I would be a fan of some sort of playoff system (I know, I know, the whole season is a playoff... blah blah blah).
All they need is ONE more game after the bowls. After the bowl games, it is clear who the real #1 and #2 is, so those two teams can play.
Not that anyone outside the Big10 cares about any team other than Michigan, but Wisc. and Penn State. have a huge game tommorow. It'll be a good one.
I am "outside" the Big 10, but I am very interested in that game, and many other non-conference games as well.
Not that anyone outside the Big10 cares about any team other than Michigan, but Wisc. and Penn State. have a huge game tommorow. It'll be a good one.
Yea, that should be a interesting game. I don't like Penn State, but I am kind of glad they are having a good season for thier coach.KK my question about if ND Beats TN by more than 3 points was a jab at you using these one game match ups to show one team is better than the other. Several people have pointed out it's not such a great measuring stick, but you continue to use them anyway.The reason I brought up VT's defense is because I was actually suprised it was ranked that high. The more I look at thier team the more impressive what they have done so far really is. I can't wait to watch the game against Miami tonight.
Yea, that should be a interesting game. I don't like Penn State, but I am kind of glad they are having a good season for thier coach.KK my question about if ND Beats TN by more than 3 points was a jab at you using these one game match ups to show one team is better than the other. Several people have pointed out it's not such a great measuring stick, but you continue to use them anyway.The reason I brought up VT's defense is because I was actually suprised it was ranked that high. The more I look at thier team the more impressive what they have done so far really is. I can't wait to watch the game against Miami tonight.
Wrong. I have not been using ONE game to prove that a team is better than any other. YOU are the one who thinks LSU is better and more "proven" than 'Bama, so I have been using SEVERAL games to show that you can't say this. I said explicitly that those games DO NOT mean that Alabama is simply way better than LSU, but it means that you can't say LSU is better than Bama when you actually look at common opponents, and thus, "Bama is just as proven as LSU. Maybe you should try reading my posts. I don't use just one game to say Alabama is better than any other team. I say Alabama is better than LSU right now...BECAUSE LSU HAS LOST A GAME!! Until we lose, we are better than them.You REALLY need to starting reading and comprehending my arguments.

Miami 20, VT 0...HAHAHAHHAHAH, wow, I am having trouble spotting that "vaunted" VT defense that is supposedly 'better' than 'Bama's. Seriously though, VT losing this game would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E.Speaking of defense, 8.2 points a game given up, OH MY GOD Alabama's defense is just sickening. Even though our offense constantly made foolish mistakes just as we were driving into their territory and setting up a score, our defense slapped that team around like little girly-men, man, they must be embarrassed right now. Alabama 9-0 and soon to be BCS #3!!!!LSU v. Alabama is gonna be huge, I can't wait to see how loud that crowd is going to be. My prediction: Alabama 16, LSU 7.

hahahahaha..Virginia Tech...OVERRATEDUCLA....OVERRATEDFlorida St......OVERRATEDAlabama....BEST DEFENSE IN COUNTRY, NATIONAL TITLE CONTENDER, STILL UNDEFEATED DESPITE OFFENSE GIVING AWAY LOTS OF POINTS!!

Alabama....BEST DEFENSE IN COUNTRY, NATIONAL TITLE CONTENDER, STILL UNDEFEATED DESPITE OFFENSE GIVING AWAY LOTS OF POINTS!!
According to what ESPN is saying, Miami has the number 1 overall defense in the country. Apparently they are not basing it off PPG, must be yards allowed. Either way they put a hurting on VT tonight, Vick didn't look like the 2nd highest rated QB in the country. You should be scared of Miami jumping Alabama in the polls.I just want to make sure I am seeing that you are you seriously bragging about beating a team with only 2 wins? Alabama only put up 3 points in the first half. How many points did your offense put up against this horrible team? Like I said, I would take your defense to outscore your offense in a over/under, and I would have been right. Even the special teams outscored the offense. You can't win a national title with that anemic crap. If you can't put up points on a 2-6 team, do you really think they are scoring on a real team? I suppose this 2-6 team had the best unknown defense in the country right? I watched the first 1/2 of the game, defense looked good, offense looked like a high school JV team.I just watched Herbstreet list them as the 5th best team in the country and everyone of ESPN's analysts are saying they expect them to lose either agaisnt LSU or Auburn. They said the defense would keep them in the game, but they are bound to lose because the offense is so horrible. Nice to know the experts agree with me.It kind of sucks, I wanted to see 4-5 undefeated teams at the end of the year so they can move to a playoff, looks like the BCS will survive another year when they get the only two undefeated teams in the rose bowl.P.S. ND by 20 over TN, Alabama beat them by 3 right? Oh and everyone knew UCLA was overrated, they had been pulling wins out of thier ass for weeks.

as an Alabama fan, their loss is awesome. However, 4 unbeatens would cause greater chaos for the BCS. However, the bigs who run all this shit aren't gonna be putting in a playoff anytime soon, I'm afraid.ROLL TIDE!!Oh, and Kirk Herbstreet just said Penn St. is the #3 team in the nation. What a donk.