i observed this interesting no limit hand

$1/$2 no limit hold 'em, ten-handed, livehero (not me) is under the gun.hero has $800-ish in front of him.SB has $500-ish in front of him.hero straddles for $4, SB calls, BB folds.($30) Q :club: 7 :D 5 :) SB checks, hero bets $15, hero calls $30.($120) Q :DSB bets $80, hero calls.($280) 9 :)SB bets $75, hero calls.final pot: $430as an observer at the table, i can say that SB showed a lot of strength on the river. i was watching this hand intensely and it was the most obvious thing in the world to me that SB was strong when he saw the river and made the bet.both players are big stacks and are very loose and aggressive and very tricky.without divulging the complete results, i will say that hero had Q :) 10 :D .how did he play it? good? bad?aseem

I'm thinking SB flopped a set and turned a boat. He limps preflop and then calls the raise, which could be something like 55 or 77? He plays the flop strongly, perhaps worried about the diamonds? His river bet seems kind of small, almost like a blocking bet. I think on the turn hero needs to decide if he's ahead or behind. By the way the hand played out, he might be drawing dead to anything but a ten and maybe a seven? Don't his calls seem wrong though? Isn't this a raise or fold situation? I'm probably out of my league here, this hand is too tough for me.You're going to tell me SB had 6:diamond: 8:diamond: aren't you? :club:

Jesus - that's tough.I'd be inclined to raise to $200 on the turn...I don't know if this guy has hit his boat, or is drawing to a better flush, or has 88-JJ - including the nasty 99.If SB has 99 or Axd, I'm not sure if he doesn't fold a big turn raise here.I think you're forced to call the river - hope he has AQ, KQ, JQ, or worse diamonds.

i guess i didn't emphasize that both players are loose.loose as in they limp practically any two suited from any position, and many offsuit hands like 8 :D 5 :club: and 6 :D 4 :D and the likes.they are of the school that, you know, if my cards are live, i can see a flop and hope to hit hard and stack someone.aseem

WOW. He showed great restraint the whole hand, I may have raised the flop and turn ad river, if we hadnt gotten it all in at some point during those. The play seems passive but I think, by the way SB played the hand, that the Hero was probably beat.JEFF

I think the Hero played it well, he basically called him down with a hand that very well could be a winner. The bets that he made were not crazy, as you have said the villian is a loose aggresive and very tricky. So I think that the call down is good, if the villian pushes all in I don't know. I don't think the bets were crazy in relation to the pot. I think he played it reasonably well. he might have run into a maniac with a hand but that is why poker is gambling.

so, SB had 8 :club: 6 :D for the rivered straight. it was no good.any thoughts now?(i personally feel that both parties played the hand excellently. i was impressed.)aseem

I like both plays, except I like Hero's play better. His hand is susceptible to the afformentioned set/boat scenario and a bigger Queen. And since the set/boat seems more likely to me by the way the hand played out, I like the call down when the flush hit.JEFF