top two on flop...no good?

Is their any way I could get off this hand? Or possibly a better way to have played it? NL HoldemI am on the button with A J Suited. One limper to me, I raise 3x's BB only the Big Blind calls.Flop - A 6 J rainbow.He checks, I bet 1/2 pot, he calls. Turn is a blank. He checks (I think he might have Ace junk and is check calling w/ crap kicker) I bet pot, he calls. I was really expecting a check raise there after the turn. hmmmRiver another blank, no flush possible. Now he goes all in..I call with aces up and loose to a set of sixes.Could I have done anything better here? Please help

Well, I hate to be the first post on this one, but honestly, I think he played the hand perfectly if he knew what you had, and I think you didn't have a chance in hell of losing any less.

yeah, we are lacking a bit of information, like how much was in the pot compared to how much he pushed for, etc. also if you had any prior thoughts on this player etc.

Without knowing how he plays I would be leery of the check calling bit. I possibly would have than just checked on 4th and probably folded on the river. Its would defintely be a tough lay down but with the wour top two and him just calling I probably would have folded on the river.

Next time put a little more info as one poster suggested. Like pot amount to stack sizes. Also don't put the final hand. More likely not to get results based answers.