help with my fantasy team!!

Hey guys. I did a draft a couple of weeks ago and just wanna know what you guys tihnk.Standard catergory, rotas. , and 12 player league.Here's my team:C V. Lecavalier (TB - C) CBench 32 34 23 52 14 6 C S. Crosby (Pit - C) CBench - - - - - - LW M. Naslund (Van - LW) LWBench 35 49 24 58 26 6 LW D. Sedin (Van - LW) LWBench 18 36 18 18 16 3 RW D. Heatley (Ott - RW) RWBench 13 12 -8 18 12 3 RW M. Satan (NYI - RW) RWBench 29 28 -15 30 26 5 D S. Gonchar (Pit - D) DBench 11 47 -14 56 34 0 D D. Tarnstrom (Pit - D) DBench 16 36 -37 38 38 0 D N. BoyntonNA (Bos - D) DBench 6 24 17 98 10 1 D R. Jackman (Pit - D) DBench 9 21 -16 27 18 2 BN V. Bure (LA - RW) RWBench 22 30 3 26 18 4 BN A. Frolov (LA - LW) LWBench 24 24 8 24 13 3 BN P. Nedved (Pho - C) CBench 19 27 -8 46 17 3 Pos Goaltenders Edit Opp Status W GAA SV% SHO G M. Kiprusoff (Cgy - G) GBench 24 1.70 .933 4 G D. Cloutier (Van - G) GBench 33 2.27 .914 5 BN R. DiPietro (NYI - G) GBench 23 2.36 .911 5 I know I probably shouldn't have drafted 3 Pit d-man. I'm looking to trade away one of them but their rank just aren't very high even though I think they will improve a lot this year with the new team.

Nick Boynton hasn't signed yet, might want to take that into account. See if Derek Morris is still available, he seems to slip a lot of manager's minds when they're drafting their teams. I would take a long look at Defensive options, and see who went undrafted that you can replace Bure and possible Sedin with. I'd be willing to bet that Mogilny and Selanne are still out there somewhere just waiting for a smart manager to notice them. Possibly Kovalev as well. Scan the 3rd and 4th page of FA forwards, you'll see a lot of gems that no one else noticed. Post your league info, if it's public we can take a look at the FA list and be more helpful.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/29390this is the league i'm in and my team name is Ed_Vanthanks!
Right off I see D. Kalinin, D. Morris and P. Brisebois are available. Any one of these three are improvements over Jackman. Remember, you are looking to take advantage of the constant parade to the penalty box and the way to do that is have players that will see powerplay time. Jackman will see very little with Gonchar and probably a forward playing the point on the Pittsburgh PP. Morris and Brisebois are solid picks and Kalinin is a sleeper.

Hey, Yeah, get Kovalev, he is still avaliable and he will be really good with Koivu this year with MTL.As well, Kim Jonsson of the Flyers is a good D man, I believe he plays on the PP a lot, even though I don't know how the D lineup will change now with Hatcher in the picture.That's all I can find though.

I also see a lot of quality forwards still available. I'd pick B. Rolston, D. Langkow and A. Kovalev over Sedin or Bure. P. Turgeon should also be considered. ajs510 will be here soon praising R. Malone too! :-)

Hey, Yeah, get Kovalev, he is still avaliable and he will be really good with Koivu this year with MTL.As well, Kim Jonsson of the Flyers is a good D man, I believe he plays on the PP a lot, even though I don't know how the D lineup will change now with Hatcher in the picture.That's all I can find though.
Kim Johnsson of Philly is not available. That K Jonsson is Kenny from the New York Islanders who probably won't even play.Kovalev is a must pick up though. Rolston will be on a line with Gaborik and Langkow will probably centre a line with Iginla. You have some nice options.
I just replaced Bure and Jackman with Kovalev and Morris. Do you guys think my team is any good?
This is dark-horse advice, but I like the move:Drop Alexander Frolov (plays for the Kings, will be much worse this season than last) and pick up Mark Bell (plays for the Blackhawks, will be much better this season, and Bell has been hot in preseason). He's the Hawks second line center, will get you 40+ points, and will tack on at least 100 PIM (compared to less than 40 from Frolov), which you're very much in need of. Your team is looking good, but I haven't really picked apart the competition yet.
It's hard to offer advice not knowing what players are still available, but I would think there must be a better D-man left than Jackman.
especially since there is another Jackman in St. Louis that would be an upgrade on Pittsburgh's Jackman...not to mention other Defensemen that would be an upgrade on both.
It's hard to offer advice not knowing what players are still available, but I would think there must be a better D-man left than Jackman.
especially since there is another Jackman in St. Louis that would be an upgrade on Pittsburgh's Jackman...not to mention other Defensemen that would be an upgrade on both.
His Jackman is the Pit one.
His Jackman is the Pit one.
I know that :-) that's why I said the one in St. Louis would be an upgrade on the one he has.