so i just need a little help choosing a college to go to, was looking for help.a little background: 3.8 gpa, 28 on Act, want to go to school within like 500 miles of where i live (st. paul, MN). good class rank (top 15 %), some hard courses.now that that is over, i wanna know where you go to/went to college and what you like about it. Also, what are you majoring in? i really need help deciding with that. .thanks alot,tom

so i just need a little help choosing a college to go to, was looking for help.a little background: 3.8 gpa, 28 on Act, want to go to school within like 500 miles of where i live (st. paul, MN). good class rank (top 15 %), some hard courses.now that that is over, i wanna know where you go to/went to college and what you like about it.  Also, what are you majoring in? i really need help deciding with that. .thanks alot,tom
What do you want to be when you grow up?
so i just need a little help choosing a college to go to, was looking for help.a little background: 3.8 gpa, 28 on Act, want to go to school within like 500 miles of where i live (st. paul, MN). good class rank (top 15 %), some hard courses.now that that is over, i wanna know where you go to/went to college and what you like about it.  Also, what are you majoring in? i really need help deciding with that. .thanks alot,tom
not a clue
not a clue
Then go to Min for a couple of years untill you figure it out.I will tell you that there is going to be a huge bubble of retireing engineers in 5 to 10 years so that would be a great field of study.Go Boilers, Go Purdue!!!
You're really limiting yourself with your mileage requirement.  Minnesota blows............heavy snow.
i'm well aware of the crappy weather, as i have lived here my entire life. i'm not too worried about how cold it is here, or the snow amount

Yo. I went to college at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul and loved it. Here's a run down of schools that some of my friends went to:Carleton College: competitive private university. Tough to get into, but excellent school. Is located in a small town...most of the students are earthy types.St. Olaf: Good school, somewhat boring socially.Macalaster College: Competitive private university. An excellent school, but has an extremely lame social scene...is also uber liberal, which you may or may not like.Hamline University: Good school but kind of a drab environment.University of St. Thomas: Good school, beautifal campus, hot girls...big bar scene but life as a freshmen sucks. It is a catholic school so you have to take religion and philosophy classes...and gym. Yes, you have to take one gym class while you are there. I personally loved it, but i was drunk and on drugs the entire time.Augsburg College/ Concordia College: No.University of MN: Excellent school, good party scene. Great if you want to go to a big school.University of Wisconsin/Madison: I have never heard anyone say that they didnt like it there. Great school, great party scene. I had several friends who went there and partied their brains out and are now doctors and lawyers. This is my pick for u.I also went to the University of Oregon, so i have experienced both the big school/little school environments. PM if you have any questions on schools in MN.GL

Hey, I'm going to college next year too. Unlike you, however, I know where I'm going, Illiinois baby.Go to University of Minnesota, I'm sure it is a good school.

University of Wisconsin/Madison: I have never heard anyone say that they didnt like it there. Great school, great party scene. I had several friends who went there and partied their brains out and are now doctors and lawyers. This is my pick for u.
i just visited madison yesterday, and it was a pretty cool campus. I'll probably apply there. thanks for your help, socko, and everyone else as well. keep the responses coming!

I have done a lot of partying up at U of M, and it is pretty awesome there. U of M probably has the best campus in the country.My best friend went to Macalester and hated it.I am about three months from having my phd in poli-sci, and it sucked, so dont do poli-sci

Dude, **** college. I probably have to go next year, too. I just don't give a shit. 3.5 GPA, 31 on ACT, and I get f'n mail from colleges every day. I opened all of them when I was a junior and started getting them. Since then I haven't opened a single one. School sucks. It has never stimulated me in my entire life and I don't see the point of continuing with it because I really don't care. However, I have nothing else to do and will probably end up going somewhere anyway, so does anyone have any suggestions for me?I'll go anywhere in the country, really.

Dude, censored college.  I probably have to go next year, too.  I just don't give a censored.  3.5 GPA, 31 on ACT, and I get f'n mail from colleges every day.  I opened all of them when I was a junior and started getting them.  Since then I haven't opened a single one.  School sucks.  It has never stimulated me in my entire life and I don't see the point of continuing with it because I really don't care.  However, I have nothing else to do and will probably end up going somewhere anyway, so does anyone have any suggestions for me?I'll go anywhere in the country, really.
What do you like to do for fun?A few examplesSkiing - ColoradoNice weather - San Diego State Poker - UNLVGolf - NC or NC State
Dude, censored college.  I probably have to go next year, too.  I just don't give a censored.  3.5 GPA, 31 on ACT, and I get f'n mail from colleges every day.  I opened all of them when I was a junior and started getting them.  Since then I haven't opened a single one.  School sucks.  It has never stimulated me in my entire life and I don't see the point of continuing with it because I really don't care.  However, I have nothing else to do and will probably end up going somewhere anyway, so does anyone have any suggestions for me?I'll go anywhere in the country, really.
Join the Navy or Air Force see the world and spend a few years growing up. The go to school with a better perspective on life.Or do what a friend of mine did. He moved to Alaska spent a year there managing a McDonalds the came back and whent to school.
do not come Minnesota State University-Moorhead
i hear pretty bad things about Moorhead in general. mostly just that there is absolutely nothing to do around there
the only good thing about MSUM is that girls out number the guys like 6:1 and there are decent parties but that's about it. It surprises though with the number of people that I meet up here that are from the cities though, that's the really weird thing.
Dude, censored college. I probably have to go next year, too. I just don't give a censored. 3.5 GPA, 31 on ACT, and I get f'n mail from colleges every day. I opened all of them when I was a junior and started getting them. Since then I haven't opened a single one. School sucks. It has never stimulated me in my entire life and I don't see the point of continuing with it because I really don't care. However, I have nothing else to do and will probably end up going somewhere anyway, so does anyone have any suggestions for me?I'll go anywhere in the country, really.
Yes. Go to college, party hard, and just keep a 3.0 GPA. Keeping a 3.0 is a relatively easy thing to do, depending on what school you are at (some schools it is obviously much more difficult). Having a Bachelor's is crucial these days, as most places look at a Bachelor's as a minimum. I have just faced the reality that I need to go get a Master's Degree, and I'm not thrilled about it, but I won't be complaining when I am making double or triple what I am now either. Just get it out of the way when you are young is my suggestion.
I'm going through that process this year too. I'm looking at Williams, Tufts, Middlebury, Bates, and Washington & Lee. Anyone comments on any of those schools?
same situation. Furman, Elon, Butler, Transylvania, Richmond. comments, opinions please.
I'm going through that process this year too. I'm looking at Williams, Tufts, Middlebury, Bates, and Washington & Lee. Anyone comments on any of those schools?
same situation. Furman, Elon, Butler, Transylvania, Richmond. comments, opinions please.
ITT technical dood!!!
ITT technical dood!!!
the next time i want advice on a good planet of the apes film, or how to get the resin out of my bong, i'll ask you. but i refuse to take scholastic advice from someone who can't spell romantic or advice....or bong.
I'm going through that process this year too.  I'm looking at Williams, Tufts, Middlebury, Bates, and Washington & Lee.  Anyone comments on any of those schools?
ITT technical dood!!!
the next time i want advice on a good planet of the apes film, or how to get the resin out of my bong, i'll ask you. but i refuse to take scholastic advice from someone who can't spell romantic or advice....or bong.
I can't remember what that quote is from.
I'm going through that process this year too.  I'm looking at Williams, Tufts, Middlebury, Bates, and Washington & Lee.  Anyone comments on any of those schools?
ITT technical dood!!!
see what i mean?its from out cold by the way
ITT technical dood!!!
Out Cold
ITT technical dood!!!
see what i mean?its from out cold by the way
I haven't watched that movie for awhile