questions about theory of poker

I just read the book and it is awesome. It has some great info on game theory, tactics, etc. ... But, it is also teaching me to think about the nuances of poker in a much more in-depth manner. As for it being up there with supersystem - it is absolutely equal to or better than it. Words of caution though --- it is not an easy read and you must really focus if you want to absorb all of the info contained in it.Actually, I finished it last Tuesday and played in my highest limit game yet ($10-$20) and I was the big winner... 82 big bets!... I was catching cards, but I was also making my decisions with alot of confidence. I'd say the most helpfull advice the book gives is on the pot odds and saving/gaining extra bets sections.

thanks smash and everyoneso to fully understand everything that is talked about in the book...should i read it like 4-5 times or whati have a good understanding of poker( well good enough at this point) and i think that when i read iot a couple of times...that i will fully understand it?any opinions/comments?oh yea thanks again for the adviseoh yea and on a saide note....big bets that is what (big blind?)

Get it. Read it. Love it. Re-read it every month, week, whatever.Basically, I'd describe it as a manual on how to outplay your opposition. His "fundamental theorem of poker" is the best conceptual definition of how to play ever presented in 1 sentence. It sums up the importance of reads and deception, exploitation of typical leaks in people's games,adjusting to different texture games, proper semibluffing, free card plays, inviting opponents to bluff, and every strategic concept applicable across games. It's really the best thing you can do for yourself, provided you get it all. I haven't and I still think it's the most productive piece of poker literature I own. It'll always help you, no matter what game you're playing, and it'll make every subsequent 2+2 book that much easier to fully profit from. I've understood a lot more of HEPFAP after reading Theory, by linking concepts and getting a better handle on the "whys" of plays advocated in other sklansky works.