worst beat i've ever had, late in the tourney too!

I've had all kind of bad beats. I usually won't even talk about them, but this one was really bad.175 person tournament, down to 13. I'm about 9th or 10th, but a triple-up would put me in second.I'm on the button, 2 limpers. I move all in with 99. 2 guys that have me covered call. If I win this hand, I'm in second place.Flop comes 2,3, 9 - rainbow. I hit my set and am now 98% favorite to win the hand (based on the hands I saw after the river).Turn 4, river 5. One guy turns over A,6 the other has A,Q and proceed to split the pot. I'm out. One of the few times I wanted to cry after being knocked out of a tournament. I would have been in position to win and top 4 qualify for a WSOP main event seat freeroll.

Wouldn't A6 have a 6 high straight? Oh well doesn't really matter, I hear what you're saying. I just had AA, board was AKJK, I got put all in by someone with K 10 and rivered quads. :shock: Welcome to poker, lol.

Wouldn't A6 have a 6 high straight? Oh well doesn't really matter
Always fun to find holes in bad beat stories. My favorite was a friend told me he had 22 and the flop came AA2. The turn and river were rags, but the guy turned over AK and he took down the pot.I was like ummm dude you had a full house and that beats 3 Aces. He proceeded to dig deeper and was like WTF! You're right! The site cheated me!Uh huh.
I would have been in position to win and top 4 qualify for a WSOP main event seat freeroll.
This by any chance wouldn't be a BugsysClub $10 WSOP round 2 tournament would it? I'm pretty sure I've seen you playing there before and if so, those events are minefields anyway. With the low buyin (even $2 sats to it) and 10 minute rounds, the push and pray mentality takes over and there's not much you can do. In the two times i've made top 4, I've come away feeling more lucky as hell rather than good about my game.
I would have been in position to win and top 4 qualify for a WSOP main event seat freeroll.
This by any chance wouldn't be a BugsysClub $10 WSOP round 2 tournament would it? I'm pretty sure I've seen you playing there before and if so, those events are minefields anyway. With the low buyin (even $2 sats to it) and 10 minute rounds, the push and pray mentality takes over and there's not much you can do. In the two times i've made top 4, I've come away feeling more lucky as hell rather than good about my game.
Yes it was on Bugsys. Those events are minefields, but that's a good thing right? If you can get through them, you'll have a huge stack. I like the chance to turn $10 into $500 with a bunch of bad players. Daniel has commented on this very thing concerning the WSOP. He basically said "So you'd rather play in a tournament full of really good players?" I kind of agree. The $50 sunday shootout is well worth the money compared to the skill level of the field. Anyway.Yes, A,6 would have been a str8 to the 6. The guy had A, rag, apparently something other than a 6.