put villain all-in on river (nl)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) converterBB ($59.65)UTG ($47)MP ($48.35)CO ($21.35)Hero ($46)SB ($23.55)Preflop: Hero is Button with [9c], [As]. 1 fold.Flop: ($5) [9s], [Ks], [Ad] (3 players)SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2, MP folds.Turn: ($9) [3d] (2 players)SB bets $2, SB calls $8.River: ($29) [2d] (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $11, SB calls $10.05 (All-In).Final Pot: $50.05

Here's how I would have played it.Fold preflop.Bet more on the flop: $4 or $5Check behind on the river after the scare card.
I think that's playing way too weak.I would pot every street.FWIW, this is short handed.

I still dont know if would call this hand though to the raise.It's a viable limp hand on the button but not to a 3xBB raise. Offsuit at that. If an ace drops and the raiser has anything of AA, AK, AQ, AJ, AK you're beat...Also, I hate getting into situations such as this where the raiser is one of those loose raise any ace players and the hand just turns into a battle of better kickers (or who hits their kicker two-pair).It's like throwing money away IMO.

6 players is short handed, but it's no 3 or 4.A9o is just not something I want to play against a raise. I'm tight, but I'm not weak.The Hero made a large raise on the turn, which the SB called. He has either a made hand or a new flush draw. The flush comes on the river and he checks into the Hero, who's shown to be aggressive on the hand. It's a dangerous spot. I like to push two pair early in hands, but not late. this is why the flop bet needs to be bigger.

6 players is short handed, but it's no 3 or 4.A9o is just not something I want to play against a raise. I'm tight, but I'm not weak.The Hero made a large raise on the turn, which the SB called. He has either a made hand or a new flush draw. The flush comes on the river and he checks into the Hero, who's shown to be aggressive on the hand. It's a dangerous spot. I like to push two pair early in hands, but not late. this is why the flop bet needs to be bigger.
I think it's too weak to not keep betting strong after seeing the flop.I do agree that A 9o is very marginal to call a raise with even short handed.I think there's a lot of value in betting the river, esp given the villian is all in for 10 more, number of hands he'll call with.