a good bet on the river or a questionable play?

Playing .25/.50 Crazy Pineapple (3 cards before flop, discard one after betting on flop complete)Delt Kh-8d-8s in BB. 3 limpers and I decide to check.Flop comes Ah 4h Kc. I bet out, and all three players call. I discard the 8s.Turn is the Jh, giving me the nut flush draw. I lead out and get only one caller.River is the 9d. Because of the calling down on the flop and turn from the other player, I bet again. I am raised, and fold quickly. Other player showed Qh-10h for the flush. I liked how they played the hand execpt that they checked the turn. (It worked out for them, but why not get another bet in with the best hand?)Could I have played this hand any better, or should I check the river?

Here is how to play Crazy Pineapple.Each player gets dealt 3 cards before the flop. Betting before the flop. Flop comes out. Betting occurs, then you must discard one of your three cards. If you have top pair and a not-nut flush draw, this can be hard to decide what card to throw away. After you discard on the flop, the game procedes like a limit poker game.Hope this helps.