hand from neg-o last night - comments please

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converterButton (t2495)SB (t4340)Hero (t2370)UTG (t1505)UTG+1 (t1250)MP1 (t1330)MP2 (t1585)CO (t1380)Preflop: Hero is BB with [Ah], [Jh]. 5 folds, Button calls t400.Flop: (t1225) [4s], [Ad], [8h] (2 players)Hero bets t750, Hero calls t1020 (All-In).Turn: (t4890) [4h] (2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t4890) [6s] (2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t4890Button is tricky, aggressive player - I put him on a steal at first but when he called my raise pre-flop, I figured that he had a hand.Post-flop; I considered pushing and checking as well. Checking seemed too weak as I'm just inviting a push from opponent. I think that I should have pushed since I was pot-committing myself with the bet in any case.After opponent came back over the top; AK and AQ were definitely holdings that I put him on. I was getting 3.8 to 1 on the call though and hoped that he had a PP.

I like the preflop reraise against the aggressive player who's position dictates a steal. However, after he calls the raise you have pretty much committed yourself to the hand if an Ace flops or if it comes Jack high. I don't think pushing is a better option post-flop as you're probably only getting called if you're beat. By betting what you did he could be pushing with AJ, AT, A9, or possibily A7. Overall I think you played the hand fine, it was a tough situation, and thats poker. This is my personal opinion as I'm definitely not an expert and I would also like to here what others have to say.

Yeah, I don't think you could play this any different. He could easily figure you for a resteal from the beginning, and think his weak ace is good. I think AK or AQ on the button would've come over the top preflop. If he has you beat, then he has you beat. I still think you have the best hand at this point.

So what did he end up having GoBears? And why are you, me and Zimmer the only ones contributing to the tournament section today.
He had AQ - the heart on the turn gave me more outs but the river was a brick. Of course when I go out on a hand like that, it leads to self questioning about my thought process.I notice that Wallacer, new contributor, is also posting which is great.Most people here post in Strategy; the mods are moving all the MTT stuff down to this section but doesn't seem like too many folks read down here.Hopefully we'll get more as I play about 90% MTTs

Yeah I noticed Wallacer was contributing also, I'm sure once people get used to the tournament strategy hands being moved down here we will start seeing more posts and responses. I play about 70% Sit & Go's, 25% MTT's and 5% cash games, so I will be posting hands here more frequently, I imagine sit & go hands should go here also. And on your hand, I tend to always 2nd guess myself when I lose a hand and don't think about it when I win a hand, but I'm starting to realize that its the play/situation that matters, not the result, since obviously good plays occasionaly lose hands, and bad plays occasionaly win.