how did i play the kings?

Pacific Poker .5/$1 holdemHero is SB with Kd Ks three limpers in front I raise to .75 seat 5 re-raises and Hero caps, we have 5 callers with a capped bet** Dealing Flop ** [ 9d, Qd, 8c ]Hero bets .50 everyone calls** Dealing Turn ** [ 4d ]Hero bets $1UTG +1 raises to $2 4 callers** Dealing River ** [ Qh ]Checks around to the button who raises $1Hero callsUTG +1 raises $2UTG +2 foldsbutton reraises $2UTG +1 callsThe reads are this is a crazy table raising with just about anything that could be a draw. I am a NL trying to learn the finer points of the limit game. Where should I have released my kings and did I play it up to that point right? I am going to post the non-condensed version below if I F'ed anything up.***** Pacific Hand History for Game 79375857 *****$0.5/$1 Limit Hold'em - *** 08 01 21:16:35 2005Table Bad Habit (Real Money)Seat 7 is the buttonTotal number of players : 9Seat 10: bruceag1 ( $141.24 )Seat 1: jtspack ( $220.95 )Seat 2: DT1200 ( $53.2 )Seat 3: MrBenz1 ( $54.9 )Seat 5: zanthra5 ( $43.7 )Seat 6: Dan19842 ( $75.79 )Seat 7: oelge ( $29.35 )Seat 8: nate928 ( $24.1 )Seat 9: navajo2 ( $168.38 )nate928 posts small blind [$0.25].navajo2 posts big blind [$0.5].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to nate928 [ Kd Ks ]bruceag1 folds.jtspack folds.DT1200 calls [$0.5].MrBenz1 calls [$0.5].zanthra5 calls [$0.5].Dan19842 folds.oelge folds.nate928 raises [$0.75].navajo2 calls [$0.5].DT1200 calls [$0.5].MrBenz1 calls [$0.5].zanthra5 raises [$1].nate928 raises [$1].navajo2 calls [$1].DT1200 calls [$1].MrBenz1 calls [$1].zanthra5 calls [$0.5].** Dealing Flop ** [ 9d, Qd, 8c ]nate928 bets [$0.5].navajo2 calls [$0.5].DT1200 calls [$0.5].MrBenz1 calls [$0.5].zanthra5 calls [$0.5].** Dealing Turn ** [ 4d ]nate928 bets [$1].navajo2 raises [$2].DT1200 calls [$2].MrBenz1 folds.zanthra5 calls [$2].nate928 calls [$1].** Dealing River ** [ Qh ]nate928 checks.navajo2 checks.DT1200 checks.zanthra5 bets [$1].nate928 calls [$1].navajo2 raises [$2].DT1200 folds.zanthra5 raises [$2].nate928 folds.navajo2 calls [$1].** Summary **zanthra5 shows ???navajo2 shows ???

Those low money limit games everyone calls everything... Isn't it funny, though, that when there is a flush, the guy with 2 suited undercards wins. But when you have the K high flush, there's always someone with the A high flush... :club:

I was originally leaning towards check/raising the flop and betting the turn... check/calling one on the river and folding to two bets... but that might be chip spewing.This might be totally offbase, but maybe the best strategy here is to just check-call it all the way down (folding to two bets on the turn or river)? Some of the arguments from yesterday (in the hand Daniel responded to about the K-K hand) may apply here too. We don't have much of an equity edge on the flop against a possible made straight or maybe an A-A from the limp-reraiser... on the turn we've got a redraw to the second nutz flush... and on the river we're beat for sure.I dunno... this is an interesting hand.

yeah i figured calling that last dollar was spewing but the first bet on the river should i crying call that one?
I really don't mind the crying call, since only the button has shown any interest in this river, and it's quite possible that you will get through the river for one bet most of the time. If we were last to act, and could go to showdown on a 20BB pot (approx) for one more bet... I think we'd have to call because 1 in 20 times someone is betting top two pair or Jacks and Q's... or something like that.The fact that it was checked around to the button makes me think it's a similar situation where we're pretty likely going to get through this for 1 bet a lot of times. If, instead, we were UTG +1 and the BB bet, we might fold if the previous betting rounds had made us were confident that someone else would raise behind us.
I was originally leaning towards check/raising the flop and betting the turn... check/calling one on the river and folding to two bets... but that might be chip spewing.This might be totally offbase, but maybe the best strategy here is to just check-call it all the way down (folding to two bets on the turn or river)?  Some of the arguments from yesterday (in the hand Daniel responded to about the K-K hand) may apply here too.  We don't have much of an equity edge on the flop against a possible made straight or maybe an A-A from the limp-reraiser... on the turn we've got a redraw to the second nutz flush... and on the river we're beat for sure.I dunno...  this is an interesting hand.
why on earth would we want to CR the flop? LRRers almost never have shit, they just think that they're being cool by doing it. I think with this many people in the pot a three bet on the turn could be argued, and I think with these donks you have some good implied odds.btw, OP, don't post results
why on earth would we want to CR the flop?
My point was (and I did say it was just my original thought... not one I was arguing wholeheartedly) that we can't protect our hand with a flop bet, and I dunno if our equity edge here is that great, but it will improve greatly if a blank falls on the turn. This board is super draw friendly, and with it likely being checked to the LRR-er, who would likely bet, we'd be next to act and could protect our hand better with a raise there forcing the field to call two cold.Unfortunately this pot is ginormous, and we'd still be giving them something like 10-1 with that play. So I nixed that idea... but that was my reasoning behind it.

i think you played it great up to here, but it's standard.the river...yuck!that's a horrible place to have to call two cold, but at pacific, i'm making that call.seriously, pacific players are insanely donkish. without any specific reads, i'm calling $2 more and paying them off.aseem

don't checkraise that flop!- you were the last aggressor pre-flop.- limp-reraises from LP mean shit usually.- having this checked around would be disastrous. you just don't have enough evidence to be confident that anyone will bet.if he raises this flop, i prefer three-betting right then and there because of the fact that we have the Kd. if we didn't, i'd prefer calling and checkraising any non-diamond turn.(btw, this isn't anything like the kings hand where we were heads-up on a ragged board... that qualified as wa/wb because it WAS, this one isn't close because it's multiway, the board is WAY more coordinated and we certainly don't have a hand that's way ahead of many hands except no-pair-no-draw.)aseem

under the gun had the 2 :club: 6 :D for the flush. Thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to be posting some more hands for your help on my tranfer from NL to Limit