aq with a ton of preflop action

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade:, Q:heart:. 2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.Flop: (20.50 SB) 7:heart:, A:club:, 2:spade: (5 players)BB bets, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB calls.Turn: (13.25 BB) J:club: (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, BB calls.River: (16.25 BB) 9:heart: (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, BB folds.Final Pot: 18.25 BBAnything i could have done differently here? Should i assume with all those people in a capped pot preflop that someone has a better ace even given the passiveness post flop?

I don't particularly like your PF three-bet, unless you are trying to isolate a loose raiser. The BB cap worries me, although it doesn't matter too much at this point. Again, unless the blinds are pretty Aggro, their isn't much point in raising a hand less than J-J or maybe A-K suited from the blinds. In any case, if you had just called the PF raise, and BB three-bet instead, you would have called... so I think in this instance it makes little difference.Aside from that I think you played the hand fine. You have TPGK on a pretty uncoordinated board.It looks like BB had Q-Q or K-K. I'm thinking you might be splitting the pot with the button.... but that's just a guess.

Yea you overplayed the hand. The passiveness on the flop could simply be a trap play. I think AK is very likely maybe even AA. As for the 3 bet its ok to do with AQ on occassion but I wouldn't make it a common thing. if you have position so be it but in most situations its a simple fold.

even in a five-way pot, that flop is soooo ragged you have to play it as wa/wb.just call the flop and wait for the turn to raise.aseem

even in a five-way pot, that flop is soooo ragged you have to play it as wa/wb.just call the flop and wait for the turn to raise.aseem
are we folding to a three bet, cause if we are, then we just need to call it down, in fact, I'd let any KK hand or QQ hand keep on firing and just call it down

yeah, i don't even mind not raising the turn card if it's a blank.i just didn't like that second club and second broadway card, and depending on who stayed in behind us on the flop, i might want to raise the turn.still, i probably wouldn't fold to a three-bet, i'd still rather call it down in this humongous pot. that becomes a little read-dependent, though (how aggressive is the three-bettor, his PFR%, his tightness, etc.)...aseem

yeah, i don't even mind not raising the turn card if it's a blank.i just didn't like that second club and second broadway card, and depending on who stayed in behind us on the flop, i might want to raise the turn.still, i probably wouldn't fold to a three-bet, i'd still rather call it down in this humongous pot. that becomes a little read-dependent, though (how aggressive is the three-bettor, his PFR%, his tightness, etc.)...aseem
considering all of the PF action, a call of a three bet is just chip spewing. I'm not finding a single raise in this hand at all. What is three betting us that we can even expect to beat, I can't see anything, so this is an easy call down
considering all of the PF action, a call of a three bet is just chip spewing. I'm not finding a single raise in this hand at all. What is three betting us that we can even expect to beat, I can't see anything, so this is an easy call down
well, it depends on the donkishness of the players.there ARE loose aggressive players that would three-bet A-10 or tying A-Q, etc. even against two pair, you'll have odds to draw to a better two pair.i think folding anywhere in this hand in this humongous pot isn't right. you just have to pay off a three-betting hand i think.it's close.aseem

Just in terms of the preflop action:I have been getting re-raised quite a bit lately with just complete trash hands from real donkish players in the blinds. I will 3-bet AK, QQ or something like that, and some donk in the BB will cap it with something like J8. No joke. My main point, is don't ALWAYS assume at these limits, that the guy who caps has a monster. Generally it means something, but you need a read on the person to be sure.Now that I think about it... I raised AQs from MP, got 3-bet from the SB, and caught my Q and bet it down the whole way, and he called me down with Q8. So yeah.

well, it depends on the donkishness of the players.there ARE loose aggressive players that would three-bet A-10 or tying A-Q, etc. even against two pair, you'll have odds to draw to a better two pair.i think folding anywhere in this hand in this humongous pot isn't right. you just have to pay off a three-betting hand i think.it's close.aseem
no, its not close. If you are just gonna call a three bet then you are spewing. So, if we are gonna do that, then we find the cheapest way to a showdown, its pretty simple, and notice that I only said that we are folding to a three bet, which then gives us no incentive to raise, does it not. simple, call it down
fold PF, call it down post flop
Are you saying fold pre-flop? I've been playing AQo in this situation. It just seems that a lot of people raise there with worse hands than ours or a pair less than Queens. Is that a leak?BTW, I also raise on this flop too for the exact reasons I mentioned above.
fold PF, call it down post flop
Are you saying fold pre-flop? I've been playing AQo in this situation. It just seems that a lot of people raise there with worse hands than ours or a pair less than Queens. Is that a leak?BTW, I also raise on this flop too for the exact reasons I mentioned above.
yup, I'm folding AQo for two cold PF all day long, unless a laggy raiser raises before me, then I'm three betting it. Most hands that will be opened from EP, and early MP will have us dominated or beat, and we will only dominate very few hands. Start folding this hand in these situations, and I can garuntee you that you will have a better win rate. If its suited, I'm three bettin to isolate, but if there's one lone cold caller, then I'm cold calling