would you have folded this

live lhe game, 4/8. I raise with A :club: K :D after 3 limpers, BB and limpers call. Flop is AQJ, 2 diamonds. Everyone checks to the cutoff who bets, i raise, and everyone folds back to the cutoff, who 3 bets. As soon as he bet out on that top i was extremely suspicious i was beat, jsut a feeling i had. I call the 3 bet, planning to probably throw away on the turn depending on what falls. The guy wasnt great but seemed sort of ok. anyway turn is the 8d. He bets, and i figure i msut be beat as the worst he could be 3 betting with on the flop is a diamond draw if he didnt have K 10, two pair or a set (which i heavily suspected as everyone at the table seemed to think i only bet when i have a decenet hand, so with a prelfop raise he would have to have me on AK or better. So i fold to his turn bet- ill post what he had later but what would you have done.

Guest XXEddie
I'd call him down, unless you have reason to believe he isn't a typical weak and/or aggressive guy who would bet that hard with something like AT or A9

wudve called the flop, bet the turn, if he re raises , hez got you. I like your fold. IT also depends on what hes showing down.Like are seeing that hez playing alot of shit and overvaluing top pair? Does he 3 bet 2 pair, a draw, would he slow play a set?ID most likey put him on him either 2 pair or the nut str8, as he is afraid of the FD and most likely protecting his hand. Sometimes, id call the guy down ( if i got the stack) to gain a bit more information on how he bets and plays. If you play him on the reg, your investment pays off.

The fold wasn't bad, but you probably could have saved the extra bet on the flop. You said that you called with the intention of throwing away on the turn, depending on what fell. The only card that's going to help you at this point is a 10, and if it's a diamond you still might be in trouble. If your read is telling you that you're beat, go with it and don't waste the additional bet.

The fold wasn't bad, but you probably could have saved the extra bet on the flop. You said that you called with the intention of throwing away on the turn, depending on what fell. The only card that's going to help you at this point is a 10, and if it's a diamond you still might be in trouble. If your read is telling you that you're beat, go with it and don't waste the additional bet.
Agreed. Why call the flop with the intention of folding? It doesn't make any sense. If you have a feeling, and your feelings are usually right, then go with them.

i raised the flop to try and find out where i was- i think to jsut flat call and then fold the turn with AK here is pretty weak. When i get 3 bet i have 2 call as i have a guthsot at the nut straight (although it may be chopped). Anyway i folded- i was on the button and the cutoff bet into me on the turn and the guy turned over ace 5 o/s. Pretty pissed off, moreso at myself- I;d be palying at that tabel for around an hour and he seemed ok. Oh well, all part of the learning curve. I think im probably folding a few too many winners at the moment, but im clearly making less mistakes than my opponents, which isnt saying much. Shame you guys arent in Australia, you would probably laugh at the standard of 4/8.