i'm pretty sure i am not the fish.....

Just to be sure, I want to show this hand and confirm that the other player has no right to call me a fish in this situation. (.25/.50 limit stud at Pokerstars)I am dealt (As 2c) Ac, the opponent is dealt (? ?) Tc. I raise and he is the lone caller. I think he has a pair of tens, but at these tables he could well have anything. On fourth street, the board reads (As 2c) Ac 2s for me, and (? ?) Tc 4h for him. I bet, he calls. On fifth, (As 2c) Ac 2s 6h for me and (? ?) Tc 4h 7h. I bet, he just calls again. On sixth is where the action picks up, as I now have (As 2c) Ac 2s 6h 2d and he has (? ? ) Tc 4h 7h Td. Now i am aware that he could very well have three tens, but I have a hard time putting him on a bigger boat than mine ( I now have dueces full of Aces) because i figured he would have raised on either fourth or fifth street, whichever one would have potentially given him two pair (tens and fours or tens and sevens) On sixth, he bets, i raise, he reraises, and i just call, now a little worried about him having tens full (but still not convinced, as fish will do anything, so therefore i am not folding, i will just call it down, as the pot is too big. The river brings (As 2c) Ac 2s 6h 2d (Ad) for me and for him (Ts 7c) Tc 4h 7h Td (3c). So he ended up having the boat and after the betting is capped, he is pissed to see that i caught Aces full on the river. Although I realize i got lucky on the river, it was he who called me down with only a pair of tens until catching two pair, yet still needing to catch a four outer to beat me, which he did on sixth street. Yet after the hand, he insists on calling me a fish and berating me for my play throughout the whole hand, despite the fact that I started with the best hand by far. Any comments on this hand? Did I do anything wrong at all??? If so, please let me know. If not, please feel free to call the other guy an assclown. Sorry for the long post

Nah. You were correct about this. You didn't really do anything wrong. You bet, he called. You bet, he called. You bet, he called, etc. He called the whole way with tens and then caught a lucky full house and you deserved to win the pot. Mark this guy and play with him often, and remind him that you "drew out" on him, he will get pissed off and raise you at every chance.

Yeah, I left out the part about how he capped the betting on fourth street of a different hand with (2s 8c) 2c 5d against my (Js Jc) Kc As and dumped his last few dollars into my stack while I tried to explain to him that it was he who got pretty damn lucky in the first place. I definitely have him marked and will be looking to play with him against him soon.

Yeah, I left out the part about how he capped the betting on fourth street of a different hand with (2s 8c) 2c 5d against my (Js Jc) Kc As and dumped his last few dollars into my stack while I tried to explain to him that it was he who got pretty damn lucky in the first place. I definitely have him marked and will be looking to play with him against him soon.
That's what being on tilt is :club:
You really didn't play it wrong.He played slightly loose, but neither of you had really threatening boards.I mean did he expect you to lay down a full house?
If I had been playing higher limits against a real solid player, I might have just called his bet on sixth street when he paired his door card, because i know he would've had to of had a pretty strong hand to call me with my raise and likely pair of aces. But against a probable fish, there was no way I put him on a boat because of his failure to raise when he hit two pair. Had he raised when the 7 came of fifth street, I would have considerd the possibility of him having two pair at that point and when the ten came on sixth, I would have just called his bet and forced him to show me a boat in a showdown.
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think you can really fault his play either, as it is fairly common practice to "take one off" on fourth street, and he ended up improving on fifth street. Well played by both players IMO, just bad luck to lose with a full house (I hate when that happens). 8)