it's been the worst day since yesterday

I'm giving poker up ... Why ? I can't hang I guess ... besides the swings I've taken in the last month online , I go and play live and it gets worse . Anyone whose read my posts knows I've taken a couple bad beats , and never complained , but come on ....Hero on button AAfolds around to Mp who callsMp2 raises all in, like $200 more than pot . pot =$200I reaise all in around $600 more .Both call .one shows 99 , mp1 calls w/ A10xflop 10 10 rest don't matter ...Shrug that one off ....Hero AA ..really like 5 hands later .Blinds 25/25 1 limper, raise pot $125mp goes all in folded around to me , In call he shows KK ,you all know the flop right ...yup K xxx ....I give up . You all are tougher than me .I can't handle the swings any more. Play well all ...Gl .Maybe after I try bingo and fail I'll be back

Well the first hand you'll lose one time out of every 3, so it wasnt a horrible beat especially since it was multiway, and everyones had aces cracked by a lower pocket pair countless times, well if you play long enough. But if you get AA against KK preflop you'll win 4 out of every 5 times it happens, and that's pretty much all you can do. Everytime I take a beat now, I force myself to realize that the only reason I took such a bad beat was because I got my money in when I was way ahead, and that's what makes good poker players. The $$ comes and goes in swings, and sometimes it's a good idea to just give it a break , for a few days, week, or however long you need to get your confidence back. And keep telling youself the only way you can get beat is if you were ahead in the first place. If you still can't handle a beat every once in a while, then poker probably isn't for you. Good luck, man and keep at it.

I'm sorry I HAVE to say this.. I saw "Worst Day ever" And the wierd part was I was watching Napolean Dynamite and it was at the part where is grandmother asked him how his day was, literally as I was OPENING the thread Napolean said "Only the worst day Ever"Lol, I feel for you man, and maybe a little comic relief will help, what I ussually do when I don't feel i'm playing well and its online, is I'll take a break, read a book, or some joournal entries or CP Articles it helps my mind peak, and then I'll take a shower and come back refreshed... I swear it works well, and if you haven't tried this, I suggest it ;)Best of Luck... Lucky... (Napolean Dynamite lovers will enjoy that part)

I agree with Smash . . . if you can't handle the swings . . . you shouldn't play. Bad beats are going to happen. You got your money in the pot with the best starting hand possible. You really can't ask for more. If the $$ bothers you, switch to a lower limit. If you like the game there is always play $$ (of course then your aces will get cracked by 2 7 off . . .lol).Sorry to hear ya quitting . . . but I can understand.