port perry musings

Hi guys,I have been playing regularly the $5-10 game at Port perry just outside of Toronto...Just wanted to get people's input on an issue a friend of mine and I have been discussing. The $5-10 game has a rake of 10% up to a max of $5. My friend seems to think the rake is not an issue since the game is so good and is filled with REALLY bad players. We have both been beating the game regularly. My win rate is $23 an hour. I consider myself a very good player who has played the game professionally and now semi-professionally for about 10 years. Here is the dilemma...I know i can beat the $10-20 game however at whatpoint is it worth it for me to step up in limits? I figure i dont need to since i would have to make over 2.5 bb an hour for it to be worth my while.The $10-20 game in Port Perry has a session fee of $5 per half hour and isalso filled with some average to good players, while the $5-10 is full of tons of dead money.Just to give u an idea of how good the game is at $5-10..Yesterday in acapped pot preflop with 7 players the flop came Q 10 3(suits irrevelant)4 way action on flop..Turn q and river 10..so the final board is q103q10The guy bets and another guy calls..the winner WINS with 8 high(pocket eights..Was called with 7 high pocket 7s).ALl comments are appreciatedSerge

• 3 years later...
I think bumping threads CAN be interesting and funny if you are bumping either a classic or looking back on a certain topic..However I agree bumping for the sake bumping is childish.
I agree.I really tried to find an interesting post of yours and really couldn't. :club:
I agree.I really tried to find an interesting post of yours and really couldn't. :ts
I have over 15000 posts 14500 of them are in the hockey forum :club:
I have over 15000 posts 14500 of them are in the hockey forum :club:
What good is bumping an old post in the Hockey Forum? Only like 3 people really look in there. :ts
Serge=Rose?!?!?!?!
not sure what that means but I think its not good..
It's just the wayYou made that post, it looks like something Rose WouldType, lol.
The only 2 things Serge and I have in common is 1. We like the toronto Maple Laughs, 2. we like poker and belong to FCP, anything else donk4life is a no go lol
That's 3 things :ts
so I can't add too besides the grammar and spelling lol, Ray I am going to bust your ass in the FCP poker tourney :club::4h