Those are fair points.

Your move Tanner

I agree those are good points.

I'm just remembering when idol was in its hey-day and people would talk about it at the "water cooler," the discussion would be more about something Simon did and the contestants were secondary. I don't think Harry has the power to do that to the extent that Simon did. But that could very well be because the show has been on for 15 years like brv said and not be Harry's fault. Who knows.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And actually musically knowledgeable. It's nice to have a judge who knows something about making music instead of selling it.

It's reassuring to hear you say that.

I think the show would have been a huge success, regardless. Especially with celebrity judges.   Take the Voice, who gave a fck about Blake and Adam back then? I mean, Maroon5? Cmon.    

I think I'm going to enjoy this season if they let the right people through. The first Hollywood episode was good.

The format of the first half of the episode was really weird though. "We just want to watch the singers we liked the most and let all of them through." Doing it the complete opposite by having the less memorable people sing and making cuts seems like it would make more sense in an audition but what do I know

Jax is still my favorite. There are a few singers trying to be original and different, and she just owns them all right now.

My second is Trevor. I think he's the best of the acoustic guitar guys.

Honorary mention to Sal as well. I like that style of music so I hope he makes it far, although I don't think he can win.

Haven't heard Sal sing but he's a swingin cat. Love his style. Such a New Yorker, and not in a bad way this time.

Heard Jax for the first time last night. Pretty awesome.

You know who I loved, the 16 year old kid with the glasses and the white teeth. Wanted to be Bill Nye. Kid was good and just brimming with personality. I'd bet he's secretly a poon hound.

Fat black kid with guitar that crushed original song in auditions shit the bed with his Adele interpretation.

You know who I loved, the 16 year old kid with the glasses and the white teeth. Wanted to be Bill Nye. Kid was good and just brimming with personality. I'd bet he's secretly a poon hound.

That's Trevor.

Jax kinda creeps me out a bit. She's got a screw loose or a really dark past or something. (Not saying she is a bad singer)

This dude Clark sounds the best to me

Tyanna is great

Joey Clarke the purple hair girl I like a lot but I don't expect her to make it.

Seems like there are a ton of teeny pop singers left which makes me think I'll probably stop watching soon if they all make it

Jax started believing her own hype and got too rock starish. Just perform and knock off the kissing dad or long pause during the song.

Happy the older guys made it. Landscape guy has creepily long fingernails.

I'm done. Having it not live ruined the whole season for me

Do you get razor bumps after you shave your vagina.

It made no difference in my viewing experience

The top 24 shows have always been live and 2 hours so the judges can actually talk and we can get more of a feel of each contestant. The songs were way too short also. They ruined the show

I only watched the 12 girls perform.

Did they not have a camera for Harry?

Every performance the camera would focus for a few seconds on Keith doing his shoulder shake dance thing, and then J-Lo doing her "stank" face, but never on Harry.

Because Harry doesn't react , I'm guessing.

I now understand your points better, Tanner. I usually ff through judges comments because during voting shows anyway, they rarely slam the participant for a bad performance.

Because Tanner is mostly wrong?

Harry is more helpful and honest without being mean. And he's been crazy funny during these auditions thus far. Harry wins

Wait so you fast forward through the judge's comments during the vote off shows but you also think Harry is better than Simon? I bet you never fast forwarded through Simon.

People need to just agree with me sometimes. Don't fight it

Not always, and definitely not when the show was new, but if there is a pattern of them being nice, then yeah, 14 seasons in, I'll ff

But if I'm gonna listen to one judge, it definitely will be Harry. He's honest

I always do and always have fast forwarded through judges comments except for Simon and Harry.

And Motown night? Gotta knock off theme nights.

And Why do these young kids sing all of these old ass dated songs when it's not theme night? Do they get a limited song book of songs the band knows?

And Motown night? Gotta knock off theme nights.

And Why do these young kids sing all of these old ass dated songs when it's not theme night? Do they get a limited song book of songs the band knows?

Yes they are given a list of songs to choose from. I've seen the list before in past seasons and I'm not sure how they decide who gets to pick first and who picks last

If I remember correctly it is a pretty small list of 30 or less songs. So when the judges say "bad song choice" often times that really isn't a fair comment