Daniel The Favorite To Win Main Event At 40-1

Those odds are truly horrible for everybody.

These sort of bets are always sucker plays and nobody should make a wager on anybody on that list at those odds.

Just because I'm curious, what do you think would be fair odds for some of the top players in that big of a field? 250 to 1? 500 to 1? 1,000 to 1?

Or I guess a better question might be what kind of odds would you have to have to bet $50 on *insert top player* to win it all?

I'm the furthest thing from an expert sports bettor but I don't see how anybody could really be much better than 500-1 in the Main Event.

I'm the furthest thing from an expert sports bettor but I don't see how anybody could really be much better than 500-1 in the Main Event.

500-1 would even be too good of odds, imo.

In a 6000 person field, at 500-1, you're effectively saying that person is 12 times as likely to win as the average player.

I don't think you can go above 5 times, not even for Daniel or Ivey.

I dont know that you would ever bet on someone to win this event. Maybe just making final table. That would leave more room for some variance while considering the 'advantage' that one player may have over the average player. Of course any bet is supposed to take those type of factors into consideration.

What's great about these bets is that the booking agent may not have to pay anyone!! Football dont work that way ...

I am going to go the other way a little bit on this. 40-1 is ridiculous, I think we all can agree. But 500 or 1000 to 1 is to high IMO for the top pros. Without any specific scientific numbers to back me up, I would guess somewhere between 200 and 250 to 1 for the top pro