Developing A New Card Game

First off, this has nothing to do with poker at all.

Second, a few days ago I got the idea to develop a new card game. Why, I don't know, but I ran with it. Here's the basics that I've come up with so far:

Dealing the Game

-Played by 4 people, split into 2 teams

-You start by dealing out all 52 cards, one a t a time, to all 4 players.

-Next you choose 3 cards to pass across the table to your partner

-Played in games of 8 rounds/hands (each player deals twice)

Playing the Hand

-The dealer leads for the entire hand

-You can lead with any card of any suit

-Following players must follow suit, and if they cannot, they must follow the color. If you cannot follow color or suit, you can play anything you wish.

-Points are tallied like baccarat (if you haven't played baccarat, essentially it is totaled to 9. Anything over 9 is reset to a single digit. For example, 3 + 5 + 8 = 16, so the score is 6)

-Number cards are their value, 10s and face cards are 0

-Your goal is to get as close to 9 as possible, so as an opposing player, your goal is to stick the player with the lowest total you can

Scoring

-Each hand is scored after all 4 players have played. Points are awarded based on the hand total as follows:

1-5 = equivalent points (1 is worth 1, 2 is worth 2, etc)

6 = 7 points

7 = 10 points

8 = 15 points

9 = 25 points

-If the hand total is 0, the opposing team scores 10 points

That's what I've got so far. If there's already something out there similar, I've never heard of it, but I could be wrong and this might not be new at all. I've been working on programming it into my computer to try it out, without any real strategy on the computer's part other than to boost your team's score and limit your opponent's score, and it's kinda fun. I can imagine that playing against actual people dramatically changes things though.

If anyone has any suggestions or anything to improve it or de-complicate it or whatever I'd be happy to hear it.

Also, it needs a name, as I am not creative enough to come up with one.

First off, this has nothing to do with poker at all.

Second, a few days ago I got the idea to develop a new card game. Why, I don't know, but I ran with it. Here's the basics that I've come up with so far:

Dealing the Game

-Played by 4 people, split into 2 teams

-You start by dealing out all 52 cards, one a t a time, to all 4 players.

-Next you choose 3 cards to pass across the table to your partner

-Played in games of 8 rounds/hands (each player deals twice)

Playing the Hand

-The dealer leads for the entire hand

-You can lead with any card of any suit

-Following players must follow suit, and if they cannot, they must follow the color. If you cannot follow color or suit, you can play anything you wish.

-Points are tallied like baccarat (if you haven't played baccarat, essentially it is totaled to 9. Anything over 9 is reset to a single digit. For example, 3 + 5 + 8 = 16, so the score is 6)

-Number cards are their value, 10s and face cards are 0

-Your goal is to get as close to 9 as possible, so as an opposing player, your goal is to stick the player with the lowest total you can

Scoring

-Each hand is scored after all 4 players have played. Points are awarded based on the hand total as follows:

1-5 = equivalent points (1 is worth 1, 2 is worth 2, etc)

6 = 7 points

7 = 10 points

8 = 15 points

9 = 25 points

-If the hand total is 0, the opposing team scores 10 points

That's what I've got so far. If there's already something out there similar, I've never heard of it, but I could be wrong and this might not be new at all. I've been working on programming it into my computer to try it out, without any real strategy on the computer's part other than to boost your team's score and limit your opponent's score, and it's kinda fun. I can imagine that playing against actual people dramatically changes things though.

If anyone has any suggestions or anything to improve it or de-complicate it or whatever I'd be happy to hear it.

Also, it needs a name, as I am not creative enough to come up with one.

Have you spent anytime in a buddhist monastery? Cause this sounds strangely similiar to quan doc. agame which ends badly for the loser.