Fantasy Football 2012

That trade is ridiculous. And yes if enough people vote against it then it will be voided (I think four votes). I understand Raquel needing to trade a QB, but Stafford for a WR2 and a waiver wire backup RB is absurd.

We shouldn't veto trades just because we don't agree with it. While I think Raquel trading Stafford for Maclin and Turbin is a very bad trade, I don't think it violates any league rules, and it is certainly not collusion.

Raquel is in charge of her own team and should be able to make whatever trades she feels like will help her team. Maybe she believes Maclin will be a top 5 WR this year (which is entirely possible, although I doubt it happens). And in that case, the trade would make sense. I will not veto any trade unless I feel like they are colluding or dumping players to help another team win. All other trades should be allowed because each owner should be able to run their team as they see fit.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you know i'm down! i quite enjoyed last season

Finally able to log back into FCP... I'm in - gotta defend my title as FCP Fantasy Football Champ (yeah, I just made that up)!!!!

in, but i refuse to c/r flops with top pair

This taken from Matthew Berry's "10 Fantasy Commandments"

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=tmr101021

I agree 100% with it.

1. Thou shalt not veto. If there is obvious collusion between two owners, then the commissioner (or league via veto) should not allow it. But other than that? Let it go. People should be allowed to coach their team and trade whoever they want, even if you think it's a really stupid rip-off trade. Negotiating a steal of a deal is part of fantasy skill and as long as both parties want to do the deal, you're a punk if you block it. Especially the people who block a trade just because it doesn't involve them or because it's part of their "strategy" to block other teams from improving. That's the coward's way out and you're a scummy, spineless punk if you do that. Win on the virtual field, not in the bureaucracy.

This taken from Matthew Berry's "10 Fantasy Commandments"

http://sports.espn.g...?page=tmr101021

I agree 100% with it.

1. Thou shalt not veto. If there is obvious collusion between two owners, then the commissioner (or league via veto) should not allow it. But other than that? Let it go. People should be allowed to coach their team and trade whoever they want, even if you think it's a really stupid rip-off trade. Negotiating a steal of a deal is part of fantasy skill and as long as both parties want to do the deal, you're a punk if you block it. Especially the people who block a trade just because it doesn't involve them or because it's part of their "strategy" to block other teams from improving. That's the coward's way out and you're a scummy, spineless punk if you do that. Win on the virtual field, not in the bureaucracy.

Agree 100% aswell. I don't get why people veto it because it's one-sided. Actually, wait, I think I do. People veto it because they are just pissed that they didn't get to trade with the moron first.

LOL wow so now I'm scummy spineless cowardly punk because I merely disagree with a trade in a pretend points football league. I didn't know it was such an affront to humanity to have a differing opinion.

Also apparently to some now Raquel a "moron". Classy!

You do realize that was a quote from Matthew Berry's article regarding trade vetoes and nobody was referencing you at all, right?

You do also realize you don't have a differing opinion since we all think the trade is horrible, right?

The only difference is that we are pointing out that teams should be able to make whatever moves they want as long as they aren't colluding and if you try to veto because you think one team got too good of a deal, then yes you are being a punk.

I just think the article reference was unnecessary and it is way over the top for the author to call anyone those things over something as trivial as fantasy football. When you use it in context of a discussion then it implies that's what you think about the person you are debating.

I understand your point about not vetoing a trade since it's not collusion. Makes sense.

gl next week

How is the article unnecessary? It directly relates to the topic at hand. I brought it up because Matthew Berry is probably the biggest name in fantasy football and has been around leagues for years. Not that his word is absolute or he knows everything, but he brings up several good points which is why I linked the article in the first place (so that everyone reading this thread could see what I was getting at).

You said the trade was ridiculous and we could veto it. I linked that article because it strongly disagrees with that viewpoint and provides reasons why. Not sure why you chose to focus on one small part of that paragraph that wouldn't even apply here. Berry was saying you are spineless and a punk if you purposely veto trades to prevent other teams from getting better. That's not what is going on here. The discussion is about if we should veto trades that aren't "good" trades. Meaning very lopsided or not equal in value.

I wasn't attacking you so don't be so defensive :icon_wink: And gl to you also! I hope Ryan Mathews is back this week!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gl Ian, your team is the definition of en fuego. Should be a good battle. I hope to atone for my loss in the finals last year vs Raquel but its gonna be tough!