folded pocket aces

yeah i guess no limit is called the cadillac of poker for no reason at all...
Doyle Brunson calls it the cadillac of poker because it's his best game. You can find other pros who like limit better because, surprise, limit is their best game.
In no limit you can better define someones hand by raising a certain am0unt preflop and seeing if they call it or not. Limit its just one more bet and they could have an array of hands
They could be in no-limit, too - in fact, the guy who calls no-limit "the cadillac of poker" relies specifically on the ability to make bets completely inconsistent with his hand in order to win. In no limit, people who allow their hands to be defined by the amount bet are called "fish", so what you're really saying is that you find it easier to find the fish in no-limit. Which is a perfectly adequate reason for you to restrict your game that way, but there are lots of people who aren't so, ahem, limited.
what that you like to play a card catching game rather then play a game of skill and wits?you're a tool
You're the tool complaining about an intelligent discussion of a game that requires a great deal of skill and wits. Yet, the hand in this thread requires zero skill and wits in a NL tourney, since 99% of sane posters would just push it in preflop. In a limit tourney, there is suddenly some skillful play that happens, and actual thought has to be put into the hand beyond "Me have aces, me push".Thanks for butchering Daniel's quote out of context by the way. And be sure to tell him that he won his WSOP bracelet last year by luck instead of skill and wits.If you don't like limit, just ignore threads about limit poker. We'll all be happier that way. No one is forcing you to embarrass yourself by clicking that reply link.
Well cdddc75, i guess i'll see you at the WSOP Main event then....OH WAIT. THATS NO LIMIT.BECAUSE NO LIMIT IS THE MAIN EVENT .HAHAHHAAH I WIN YOU LOSE
I accept your gracious concession of defeat.Good day.
If you don't like limit, just ignore threads about limit poker.  We'll all be happier that way.  No one is forcing you to embarrass yourself by clicking that reply link.
Or, better yet, go to a different website.
If you don't like limit, just ignore threads about limit poker.  We'll all be happier that way.  No one is forcing you to embarrass yourself by clicking that reply link.
Or, better yet, go to a different website.
I was trying to be nice! If he hadn't already graciously conceded, I would make several website suggestions for him to visit. I don't need to go there though.

To the guy who asked - my Opp graciously showed. He had pocket Kings, and made a great play that pushed me off Aces.To the other poster about how this would've played in a NL tournament - if the stacks were deep enough, as they are late in most skillful tournaments, UTG *may* not have pushed all in preflop with KK if reraised him preflop. He may have looked for a safe board to push post-flop, or alternately hoped to trap me post-flop if my reraise was still not a huge portion of my stack. As for which is the more "skillful" game, I'd give the old line that no-limit and limit are completely different, and equally requiring skill, especially in tournament format. No limit tournaments are more about trapping, selective aggression, and survival. Limit, to me, is about constant aggression, study of betting patterns, and strong play. I think maintanence of ta strong table image is actually more important in a limit tournament than a NL one - anyone can blast someone off with an all-in, but it takes a lot of finesse and a good read to check raise a turn and get someone to fold for 1 more bet.

Guest XXEddie
Well cdddc75, i guess i'll see you at the WSOP Main event then....OH WAIT. THATS NO LIMIT.BECAUSE NO LIMIT IS THE MAIN EVENT .HAHAHHAAH I WIN YOU LOSE
....so your only playing the main event eh?like the pathetic fish you are