Joyeux Noel

That took longer than I thought.Team couldnt have played with more apathy these last few weeks/months.Curious to see who this helps, but I imagine it cant hurt the likes of Brassard, Voracek.....maybe even Filatov should he choose to return.

I wonder if Nash is having second thoughts about signing long term in Columbus..He would look really good in Toronto right now..With a guy like Nash and another top 6 guy, we be real close to the team we want to be..

I'd be surprised if Filatov isn't back by next week. Good riddance to Hitchcock, his brand of hockey would kill the NHL if it caught on. I hope he goes to coach in the KHL or the SEL.

I'd be surprised if Filatov isn't back by next week. Good riddance to Hitchcock, his brand of hockey would kill the NHL if it caught on. I hope he goes to coach in the KHL or the SEL.
He'll be coaching an NHL team in the next 12months, guaranteed.not that im happy about it!
He'll be coaching an NHL team in the next 12months, guaranteed.not that im happy about it!
I know, but I can hope. I just hope he doesn't come here (not that Lindy is going anywhere). He's a match made in heaven for NJ, I don't know why he isn't coaching there.
i feel the same way about Lemaire..but he seems to win.
I know, but I can hope. I just hope he doesn't come here (not that Lindy is going anywhere). He's a match made in heaven for NJ, I don't know why he isn't coaching there.
I find Lindy's streak one of the coolest in all of sports currently. I love the fact that the Sabres organization has decided he is a good coach, and they'll just let him do his job. I cant off-hand think of the worst its gotten during his tenure, but I like that they just keep saying "he's a good coach, he's our guy."
I find Lindy's streak one of the coolest in all of sports currently. I love the fact that the Sabres organization has decided he is a good coach, and they'll just let him do his job. I cant off-hand think of the worst its gotten during his tenure, but I like that they just keep saying "he's a good coach, he's our guy."
The fact that he's completely willing to reevaluate his own style if something isn't working is why he's the longest tenured coach in the NHL. This season he's become much more player friendly, not trying to break guys down as much as build up their confidence and rewarding strong play more than punishing bad play. He's laid off on the endless video sessions and given more days off. As a result, players aren't as burned out on gameday and they've been coming out flying most nights as opposed to taking weeklong stretches off like they were the last two seasons. I think Lindy's great, personally. I love to rag on Regier for not doing enough to woo the big free agents to Buffalo or make the big trades, but you can't argue with the fact that his gameplan is working perfectly this year. Who would have thought that adding Tim Kennedy, Steve Montador, Mike Grier and a raw 19 year old rookie named Tyler Myers to last year's team would have vaulted a team that missed the playoffs two years running to the top of the Northeast?
He has really done horrible things to that team. I wish teams were more willing to give new guys a try, though I'm sure Hitch is a good enough coach.Hope the new coach keeps Vermette with Nash!