• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mustangs have a good team. You just got lucky he went cold for 4 games.   If you played Gothic this round, you would be out 4-0. If you played Warfare, it would be 2-2.

You mean all the active owners at the AHL forum haven't voted yet?

Is everyone else as mesmerizes as I am by this? Im following those tweets all day, I feel very emotionally invested at this point for some reason.

Is everyone else as mesmerizes as I am by this? Im following those tweets all day, I feel very emotionally invested at this point for some reason.

Me too!

Yeah me too

Nice last few hands.

The amount of chips Mckeehan has compared to rest is pretty epic

You guys know more about poker than I do, but this seems grossly unfair with 1 table playing like it is, and the other playing slower and without a massive chip leader bullying everyone. At 11, is there no 'hand for hand' going on at the 2 tables?

edit: 5min later my question gets answered by Brian:

Per @WSOPTD, play will be hand for hand when we return from break

Hell of a run DN.

Just fell short of an epic story. Seemed like all of poker was pulling for you.

Good game. Half a milly is a nice consolation prize.

Great job Daniel.

I'm sad. This was the first year in a while, I actually cared about the WSOP bc you were in it. Now I could care less to be honest who wins it in November.

Exactly my thoughts.

Chris' article pointed out correctly how huge this would have been for poker if Daniel had made the final table.

Exactly my thoughts.

Chris' article pointed out correctly how huge this would have been for poker if Daniel had made the final table.

Initially, that was my exact thoughts too but Ivey's run a couple of years back didn't have much affect

I think Ivey and Daniel are opposites. One is a ham, loves the camera and is always promoting the game. Ivey fir the most part keeps quiet.

No doubt Ivey is a beast and arguably the best poker player out there.

• 1 month later...

Hello Boys! Back to work on AHL stuff. Looking to make some deals before the draft. I'll take cash, picks and/or players if you see something you like below:

D Jake Gardiner, TOR. 2.00

D Marek Zidlicky, DET. 5.25

F Derek Roy, EDM. 1.75

F Brooks Laich, WAS 1.75

F Jason Pominville, MIN. 5.75

F Bobby Ryan, OTT. 7.00

F Brian Flynn, MTL. .50

F Daniil Tarasov, SJ. .50

F Jack Skille, CLB. .50

F Jordan Martinook, ARI. .50

F Tuomo Ruutu, NJ. 1.00

F Nicklas Bergfors 1.00

F Steve Ott, STL. 1.25

F Erik Cole 1.50

F Johan Franzen, DET. 3.25

F Alexander Semin, MTL 8.25

G Minnesota 2.00

G NY Rangers 27.75

Jake Gardiner experiment is over with the Cheap Thieves despite the promising potential with a new coach and a bigger role on an awful team. Defensive depth and a couple available call ups made Gardiner expendable. We wish him well... just not too well.

In other news, the league hasn't noticed that both Jason Pominville and Bobby Ryan were being made available for trade and this is a notice that they will NOT be available at the free agent draft. The Thieves are happy to enter the draft with 6 dmen and 8 forwards, looking for one goalie, two .25 dmen, and 7 depth forwards with a whopping $19.75 to spend.

Free Agents to Sign

D Justin Braun, SJ. 3 years .50 .50 .50

D Yannick Weber, VAN. 1 year .25

F Jussi Jokinen, FLA. 3 years 1.00 1.00 1.00

F T.J. Oshie, WAS. 3 years 2.25 2.75 3.25

F Corey Perry, ANA. 3 years 4.75 5.75 6.50

F Jason Pominville, MIN. 3 years 5.75 5.75 5.75

F Bobby Ryan, OTT. 1 year 7.00

G MINNESOTA 1 year 2.00

Players Already Signed

D Brent Seabrook, CHI. 4.00

D Kris Russell, CAL. .75 .75

D Nick Leddy, NYI 3.25 3.75

D Alex Goligoski, DAL. 3.00 3.00

F Derek Stepan, NYR. 2.75

F Kyle Okposo, NYI. 4.25 4.75

F Anze Kopitar, LA. 5.25 6.00 6.75 7.50

G TAMPA BAY .50

Drop List (farm players will be dropped prior to draft to make room for new picks)

D Marek Zidlicky

F Brian Flynn

F Daniil Tarasov

F Jack Skille

F Jordan Martinook

F Maxime Talbot

F Tuomo Ruutu

F Nicklas Bergfors

F Erik Cole

F Steve Ott

F Brooks Laich

F Derek Roy

F Johan Franzen

F Alexander Semin

G NY RANGERS

Spent $47.25

Cap $67.00

Players needed 9

Goalies needed 1

Available cap to spend at the draft: $19.75

• 2 weeks later...

Jake Gardiner experiment is over with the Cheap Thieves despite the promising potential with a new coach and a bigger role on an awful team. Defensive depth and a couple available call ups made Gardiner expendable. We wish him well... just not too well.

In other news, the league hasn't noticed that both Jason Pominville and Bobby Ryan were being made available for trade and this is a notice that they will NOT be available at the free agent draft. The Thieves are happy to enter the draft with 6 dmen and 8 forwards, looking for one goalie, two .25 dmen, and 7 depth forwards with a whopping $19.75 to spend.

I think you made a mistake here..We all have to face tough decisions on holding onto players too long..But Gardiner is looking really solid in the games that I have watched this preseason..

Look for him to have a great offensive year. He will be close to 12 goals and 46 pts.

I think you made a mistake here..We all have to face tough decisions on holding onto players too long..But Gardiner is looking really solid in the games that I have watched this preseason..

Look for him to have a great offensive year. He will be close to 12 goals and 46 pts.

I think it was probably a mistake too. Having said that, if he scores 40+ points with a contract of 2.00 already he would get expensive in a hurry and I have cheaper D to replace him that have just as much upside.