Question Facing A Min Check Raise

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2+0.25 Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 (t1090)CO (t1330)Button (t2115)SB (t3240)BB (t1620)UTG (t1345)UTG+1 (t1335)Hero (MP1) (t1425)Hero's M: 15.83Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 10:diamond:, 10:heart:1 fold, UTG+1 calls t60, Hero bets t200, 5 folds, UTG+1 calls t140Flop: (t490) 8:heart:, K:spade:, 9:diamond: (2 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t265, UTG+1 raises to t530, Hero ?Total pot: t1020Ok, i've had this happen a few times lately. In everyones experiences, is this ever a bluff??

Sometimes it is a kind of semi-bluff. If he has hand like 10 J, he might be doing this so he gets to see next two cards for free, unless he catches on the turn... But it could be something like K 9 as well, I know that it is UTG+1, but this is 2 dollar tourney so it could easily be K 9. I think KK would repop you, 9s and 8s, depending on a villain...

Fold. Its always tempting to call because its only a min raise, but barring any reads they tend to be a strong hand far more often than a weak one.

Sometimes it is a kind of semi-bluff. If he has hand like 10 J, he might be doing this so he gets to see next two cards for free, unless he catches on the turn... But it could be something like K 9 as well, I know that it is UTG+1, but this is 2 dollar tourney so it could easily be K 9. I think KK would repop you, 9s and 8s, depending on a villain...
Villain is not doing this with a draw hoping to get a cheaper price for the turn here, because villain is OOP. He would have to check a blank turn and hope Hero doesn't bet again, which won't happen often. OP, without reads this is a fold b/c you're not deep enough to get implied odds if you hit your set or runner runner straight. Watch this guy closely though and make notes if possible, some people do check min-raise weak hands. Not bluffs usually, but this COULD be something as weak as J9+.

I will just say that I have seen everything on these tourneys... But I guess without read, fold is a better option...

i didn't think he was on a draw. i haven't ran into too many people at this level that bet out with draws, or check raise at all. my first reaction was either nuts or air
It can't be the nuts, that would mean he limp/called UTG+1 with KK or 99. Doubtful. He might play 88 this way, but I'm leaning toward two pair or KQ/KJ type hands. Typically I see the c/minraise with TPTK or better, but theres no chance he has AK here either.
i didn't think he was on a draw. i haven't ran into too many people at this level that bet out with draws, or check raise at all. my first reaction was either nuts or air
I agree with this. However generally speaking min check raises like this are the nuts a lot more often.

The problem is not so much calling the min-raise, it's how you're going to deal with the turn. If you call the raise, the turn is going to be a larger bet. In this situation I'm folding..almost everytime. If you strongly believe the guy is on air, then re-raise. You'll find out.