Plug A Leak? Maybe?

Anything I should of done differently with this hand? Fold the river probably but beyond that..PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00+$0.40 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com707913.gifsaw flopCO (t3835)Button (t1200)SB (t1340)BB (t1795)UTG (t1700)UTG+1 (t1790)MP1 (t3665)MP2 (t2720)Hero (MP3) (t4125)Hero's M: 91.67707913.gifPreflop: Hero is MP3 with Aspade.gif, Qheart.gif2 folds, MP1 calls t30, MP2 bets t90, Hero raises to t240, 4 folds, MP1 calls t210, MP2 calls t150Flop: (t765) 8club.gif, Qspade.gif, 3diamond.gif(3 players)MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets t500, MP1 calls t500, 1 foldTurn: (t1765) Kclub.gif(2 players)MP1 checks, Hero checksRiver: (t1765) 4heart.gif(2 players)MP1 bets t570, Hero calls t570Total pot: t2905

In the 2nd level of a $4.40, especially since you've nearly tripled up already, there's no real reason to re-raise with AQ preflop. In these, no one who thinks they have a good hand is folding anyway, so all you do is inflate the pot against multiple opponents. After that it's pretty standard. Fold river of course, but if the pot had been T255 instead of T765 on the flop you could have played this smaller and maybe called a small river bet.

Appreciate the reply. I see what you are saying.. my purpose for the 4bet was because a lot of these donks tend to raise light with any low pair and weak Ace or even weak Kings. I agree though that so early maybe I should re-eval the play I made.

In the 2nd level of a $4.40, especially since you've nearly tripled up already, there's no real reason to re-raise with AQ preflop. In these, no one who thinks they have a good hand is folding anyway, so all you do is inflate the pot against multiple opponents. After that it's pretty standard. Fold river of course, but if the pot had been T255 instead of T765 on the flop you could have played this smaller and maybe called a small river bet.
Appreciate the reply. I see what you are saying.. my purpose for the 4bet was because a lot of these donks tend to raise light with any low pair and weak Ace or even weak Kings. I agree though that so early maybe I should re-eval the play I made.
And so this makes more sense.. I've been getting sucked out on with premium hands by sub-premium hands and it shows in this hand.. lol
And so this makes more sense.. I've been getting sucked out on with premium hands by sub-premium hands and it shows in this hand.. lol
Get this line out of your head. On average, your good hands will beat their bad hands. You do not, however, have to make your good hands win every hand.Yes, people raise light with Ax and Kx in $4.40s, but they're not folding to your reraise anyway. If you miss your Q or if the flop comes Axx you're just playing a bigger pot against them. No reason to at this point.

i like the flat call here, for all the reasons cdipierr stated. You really want to get in the habit of trying to control the size of the pot, so that your bets on the flop/turn/river are going to be smaller, and when villian does suck out, it doesn't hurt as much. IF, and i say IF, u feel you have to bet here, i like a shove more than anything else.