I'm a noob, obv...to dissuade But, on a flop of 2-6-10 rainbow, how should I play top set when someone bets pot in front of me? The SB led out 2/3 pot and I check-called, but should I have raised? It was a 5-10 NL game, and I went bust when the board came spade spade.I check-called flop for $60, and bet $220 on turn and got called. River crushed me, and I check-called again. Lost to A-2 of spades.

Hi.... I loved Rookie of the Year!! I loved it when he loses his superhero power, and he looks up to her mom in the crowd, and she says "just float it." Then he floats it and strikes the guy out. Also a touching moment when he finds out that his glove is his mom's. Remember we have challenge threads, a strat forum, and also the Bad beat forum is down the street. Just trying to help you out. Also a little more info like stack sizes might help. I don't really see anything wrong with how you played it.

I'm a noob, obv...to dissuade But, on a flop of 2-6-10 rainbow, how should I play top set when someone bets pot in front of me? The SB led out 2/3 pot and I check-called, but should I have raised? It was a 5-10 NL game, and I went bust when the board came spade spade.I check-called flop for $60, and bet $220 on turn and got called. River crushed me, and I check-called again. Lost to A-2 of spades.
How does the SB lead out and you CHECK-CALL?Just sayin'
so many mistakes here. or lies. you decide. im sure you'll be correct.
so many mistakes here. or lies. you decide. im sure you'll be correct.
I think when he says "check-call", he was "checking" to see that he still had 10-10, confirming that yes, indeed he still had 10-10 and then calling?

chet stedman was never the most intelligent in rookie of the year, so it's only natural it would move over to fcp.

Terrible post, too much shiraz, brain shifted to poker hand that was bugging me. I think I'll think to pithy commenting until I gather up some postage cred. Sorry to all.