Hey Benhoug. I really feel your pain and know were you're coming from. I'm in the same spot at the moment and as you put it yourself, already beaten between my ears. I have no momentum when I sit down, I fold way too often, because I've stoppped believing in my cards and at the same time, I just can't get myself to quit even when I want too. It hasn't been going on for as long as your downtrip and I haven't lost the same amount of money, but nevertheless I know how you feel. I know it happends to everybody once in awhile, but don't worry about it - it's completely okay to let it out in this forum. I totally second FARTSEASILY - planning to do the same myself... Let it go, bro - at least for awhile - you'll come back stronger then ever!Good luck to yaLimpy.

#1 rule in Poker:   bankroll management.
Wrong. Stop reading so many books man, we all know (because of Lori) the # rule in Poker is : "Don't do anything stupid"
.1/.2 seems so low, isnt it hard to build a bankroll on limits that low? im sure my game need some work and i read a lot of books to work on it. overall im a tight agressive player and play pretty much only the top hands with a little blind stealing here and there.
If you haven't already, get Small Stakes Hold'em by David Sklansky et al. There's a reason it's called the bible of small stakes poker. Read it about a dozen times and you'll be good :wink: As for building a bankroll at that limit, it's very doable. search the forums for original experiment from smasharoo here on FCP. He started with $50 and was well on his way to getting it to $1000 on Pokerstars playing the small games. It will take a while to build a roll in this fashion but it's worth it.You risk less while trying to beat the games. There isn't much difference in skill between .1/.2 to .5/1 so once you can beat .1/.2 and the levels inbetween you can probably beat .5/1. However, you only risk enough to properly play .1/.2 ($60) as opposed to .5/1 ($300) to learn much the same things.Zara
I totally agree with zara here. If your going to get back into it start playing more limit. Limit forces you to learn many of the situations you won't learn in No limit. You'll learn the tendencies of peoples betting better than an all-in after a raise pre-flop. I've played a ton of NL and was only a sit and go player, but after 4-tabling to clear some bonuses I notice myself thinking more about certain situations, and positon. My reads are getting a lot better, anyways the information you get is invaluable and IMO better than any book can teach you if done properly. GOOD LUCK

Those bad beats are nothing...let me share two I had yesterday (both NL games):1. I have 99 with a flop of 773. Down to two of us with my bet of $3 called by player #2. Turn is a 9...my bet of $3 is raised to $6 by player #2 and called by me. River is an 8 (we have a rainbow here). I bet $5 with the second nuts to be put all in $100 by player #2. As anyone else would do I called to see his 77.2. About 30 minutes later I found pocket JJ. I bet $3 pre flop and called by 2 players. Flop was 29J (rainbow). Checked to me...I bet $1 to show reduced confidence...one player folds and another goes all in and I call ($80). I have the nuts for now...until a 3 and 5 come on the river to give his A4 off suit a win. He was trying to bluff and ended up a winner.Now those are two bad beats!!!Your 4 hands were tough beats, but get use to it. It is called gambling!

How is #1 a bad beat after the flop? Don't understand that one.Her is one for you. I am playing NL in late position with KK, two limpers in front of me, I raise to 3x's BB, both call. Flop is AAK, 1st limper bets $4, 2nd limper raises to $8 (I put tem both on Ace/nothing). I go all in over the top for approx $30. Both call, limper 1 has like $12, limper #2 has me covered. Limper #1 has A 9, limoper #2 has A 2. Turn is a 5, river is a 2......Thats a bad beat.

Hmm, if we're sharing bad beats here, let me give you guys this one! 1$/2$ NL hold 'em. I sit down at the table with 55 bucks and my first hand is big slick. I'm in middle position and raise 2xBB. Everybody except BB folds - he calls. Flop comes AAK. I decide to slow play it, but bet to get some money in the pot. BB calls. Turn is a 3. I bet 10$ and BB calls. The river is another 3 and I bet 10 $ more just to be raised to 20$ by BB. I figure he must have caught a flush in hearts or think that his set of either Aces or 3's are good enough, so I go all in. Pot is 116 $ and he shows me 33.Now is that a bad beat or just plain stupid of me to go all in with that house...?Regards Limpy"super tight for a while"Loco.

Man I would have killed to get my money in there with those hand matchup's! I wouldn't be depressed at all considering all I did was put my money in there with huge odds of winning the rest isn't up to me. I never really understood how people get depressed about these sort of things.