PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10+$0.00 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO (t1340)Hero (Button) (t1470)SB (t2370)BB (t1500)UTG (t1500)UTG+1 (t1500)MP1 (t2320)MP2 (t1500)Hero's M: 49.00Preflop: Hero is Button with AsKs , 2 folds, MP1 calls t20, 2 folds, Hero raises to t80, SB calls t70, 1 fold, MP1 calls t60Flop: (t260)8s ,9c ,9s (3 players)SB bets t80, 1 fold, Hero calls t80Turn: (t420) 7s (2 players)SB bets t120, Hero raises to t1310 (All-In), 1 foldTotal pot: t660Guy tripled up early and had been calling all ins lightthoughts on how i played hand please

If he is calling light, why are you shoving light with a good draw? By that I mean, what do you WANT calling you? I think there is an argument for making a hand and then betting big against an opponent you read as someone who calls off light. The only hands I could picture calling worse than yours might be AQ or a weaker spade draw. I like the bet if he is the type of opponent you read to fold to a semi bluff, but if he is either completely bluffing(and folding to a raise) or has you beat and forcing you to catch a spade A or K. When you hit one of your many outs if you read him right, he will be more likely to pay you off.

If he is calling light, why are you shoving light with a good draw? By that I mean, what do you WANT calling you? I think there is an argument for making a hand and then betting big against an opponent you read as someone who calls off light. The only hands I could picture calling worse than yours might be AQ or a weaker spade draw. I like the bet if he is the type of opponent you read to fold to a semi bluff, but if he is either completely bluffing(and folding to a raise) or has you beat and forcing you to catch a spade A or K. When you hit one of your many outs if you read him right, he will be more likely to pay you off.
Look again--he already made the ace flush before he shoved (though of course the paired board means it was not the nuts).If he was calling shoves light, I guess this could be an okay play. Let me guess: villain instacalled with 88 right?

whoops, I read the flop as 2 clubs. I be a retard and that's why I play with a 4 color deck . . .If you read him as calling big bets with weaker hands tehn you can overbet, but against a normal opponent it's much too large.

I might have raised the flop to see where you were at. If he has a boat as played, he likely has a boat on the flop. If he 3bets the flop, you might be able to get away without a costly investment. MIGHT. Maybe he'd been calling all-ins light, but how had he played postflop otherwise? Was he leading with weak bets a lot like he did here? If a villain that typically bets half the pot or more suddenly starts making suckbets, that will lead me to pause. If a villain that c/c's suddenly leads flops, that will lead me to pause. Villains tend to slowplay by making weird plays. This villain may have given you a sign or three that you were drawing dead simply by deviating from his typical approach.