Overpair Vs Passive Raiser

Villain is pretty passive: 40/2/1. This is the first raise I have seen him make.Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$25 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) mattnxtc is SB with T :D T :club:3 folds, mattnxtc raises, BB calls.Flop: 6 :4h 3 :5c 2 :D (3SB, 2 players)mattnxtc bets, BB calls.Turn: 7 :ts (2.5BB, 2 players)mattnxtc bets, BB raises mattnxtc ???

Villain is pretty passive: 40/2/1. This is the first raise I have seen him make.Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$25 playersConverterPre-flop: (5 players) mattnxtc is SB with T :D T :club:3 folds, mattnxtc raises, BB calls.Flop: 6 :4h 3 :5c 2 :D (3SB, 2 players)mattnxtc bets, BB calls.Turn: 7 :ts (2.5BB, 2 players)mattnxtc bets, BB raises mattnxtc ???
It is really not that complicated.....Call, Check, CallUnless you can peg him as one to never bluff, and to never raise with top pair, top kicker, I think you have to pay him off here. He probably has 76s, but if he would play 76 or 45 for a raise from the BB, he would play A7 too. My guess is that you have been taking advantage of his passive play and have been raising him out of pots. So he may finally be pushing back with toppair. If you didn't have the overpair, you'd have to fold say a 65, but you will win in this spot enough to make it profitable.
It is really not that complicated.....Call, Check, Call
BlahMost opponents will (and should) be raising this coordinated turn with a ton of hands that we beat.And just because we think he's kind of passive, doesn't mean that he's afraid of raising with a vulnerable Top Pair of 7's here.Assuming that his raise means 2Pair or better seems very paranoid.Calling the turn and checking the river loses up to 2 big bets when we end up ahead.When holding an overpair against only 1 hint of aggression, this loss is unacceptable.I am 3betting the turn every time.And my hand will not be folded.I am confident that this is the most profitable play in the long run unless our read is brilliantly deep.--CM