Rail Call Protocol

if were talking about rail bird protocol. One thing that really tiks me off, and maybe im irrational with this. I hate when i tell friends or whoever, that im at a final table in a tourney. They always come in saying thigs like "DOMINATION!!!" 'pwneD' "BULLDOZERRRRRR!!!!" Once that starts happening i find people are wayyy more willing to call you down without much of a hand. I get forced to play tighter then i want late in an MTT. Its the reason i stopped making rail call threads or any of that. Am I over thinking this or do i have a point here?

What if its a really big tourney? Like wcoop event or something.
Generally people are posting updates in the designated thread for that event and if they make the FT a seperate thread is made.
if were talking about rail bird protocol. One thing that really tiks me off, and maybe im irrational with this. I hate when i tell friends or whoever, that im at a final table in a tourney. They always come in saying thigs like "DOMINATION!!!" 'pwneD' "BULLDOZERRRRRR!!!!" Once that starts happening i find people are wayyy more willing to call you down without much of a hand. I get forced to play tighter then i want late in an MTT. Its the reason i stopped making rail call threads or any of that. Am I over thinking this or do i have a point here?
I think you have a point, but it probably usually isn't as big of a deal as you think.
This is a good point, people always want to take the guy with the posse down, IMO.
definitely have a point..Rail Calls suck
What about the FT of a 2 table SNG?Obviously there are no black and white rules... how badly would one be ridiculed for what I just mentioned?
Unless it's a step 6, pretty badly.
Generally people are posting updates in the designated thread for that event and if they make the FT a seperate thread is made.
So this isn't set in stone then. If I was deep in a huge tournament I would make a thread at about 3 tables to go but you all don't have to worry about that every happening! :club:

It's partly the added pressure to win and get in ahead too.If I make some resteal with QJ into Kings and bink I'll be labelled as a gigantic luckbox. I guess when I have people on my rail I feel less able to make plays with weaker cards.

It's partly the added pressure to win and get in ahead too.If I make some resteal with QJ into Kings and bink I'll be labelled as a gigantic luckbox. I guess when I have people on my rail I feel less able to make plays with weaker cards.
nohting wrong with being a luckbox... :club:

see what i mean it feeellls grrrrrrreatPokerStars Game #21493873372: Tournament #114752140, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2008/10/25 19:47:13 ETTable '114752140 18' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: MrPristine (4860 in chips) Seat 2: takesallcash (6175 in chips) Seat 3: 6BLUFFMANIAC (3200 in chips) Seat 4: bluntman82 (10695 in chips) Seat 5: SHLADE (7680 in chips) Seat 6: DeacNutt (4780 in chips) Seat 7: leehrat (6165 in chips) Seat 8: Argotron (5990 in chips) Seat 9: 88REAW (9742 in chips) MrPristine: posts the ante 25takesallcash: posts the ante 256BLUFFMANIAC: posts the ante 25bluntman82: posts the ante 25SHLADE: posts the ante 25DeacNutt: posts the ante 25leehrat: posts the ante 25Argotron: posts the ante 2588REAW: posts the ante 25DeacNutt: posts small blind 125leehrat: posts big blind 250*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to MrPristine [Jd Jc]Argotron: folds 88REAW: folds MrPristine: raises 500 to 750takesallcash: folds 6BLUFFMANIAC: raises 1000 to 1750bluntman82: folds SHLADE: folds DeacNutt: folds leehrat: folds MrPristine: calls 1000*** FLOP *** [9d 4h 9c]MrPristine: bets 15006BLUFFMANIAC: calls 1425 and is all-inUncalled bet (75) returned to MrPristine*** TURN *** [9d 4h 9c] [3h]*** RIVER *** [9d 4h 9c 3h] [Jh]*** SHOW DOWN ***MrPristine: shows [Jd Jc] (a full house, Jacks full of Nines)6BLUFFMANIAC: shows [As Ac] (two pair, Aces and Nines)MrPristine collected 6950 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 6950 | Rake 0 Board [9d 4h 9c 3h Jh]Seat 1: MrPristine showed [Jd Jc] and won (6950) with a full house, Jacks full of NinesSeat 2: takesallcash folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: 6BLUFFMANIAC showed [As Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and NinesSeat 4: bluntman82 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: SHLADE (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: DeacNutt (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: leehrat (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: Argotron folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: 88REAW folded before Flop (didn't bet)

That's pretty sweetI love being a luckbox, but hate being labelled forum luckbox by the masses when say this happens...Seat 1: bfit (15644 in chips)Seat 3: S33S (5201 in chips)Seat 4: Mehrmau (10972 in chips)Seat 5: POOFAMENTS (10738 in chips)Seat 6: Mr.Puravida (17297 in chips)Seat 7: Blue Baboon (15588 in chips)Seat 9: Flush U Fool (8122 in chips)bfit: posts the ante 75S33S: posts the ante 75Mehrmau: posts the ante 75POOFAMENTS: posts the ante 75Mr.Puravida: posts the ante 75Blue Baboon: posts the ante 75Flush U Fool: posts the ante 75bfit: posts small blind 400S33S: posts big blind 800*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Blue Baboon [9d 9h]Mehrmau: foldsPOOFAMENTS: foldsMr.Puravida: foldsBlue Baboon: raises 1325 to 2125Flush U Fool: calls 2125bfit: foldsS33S: folds*** FLOP *** [Ac 7s 7h]Blue Baboon: bets 8000Flush U Fool said, "AA?"Flush U Fool said, "7?"Flush U Fool: calls 5922 and is all-inUncalled bet (2078) returned to Blue Baboon*** TURN *** [Ac 7s 7h] [Qd]*** RIVER *** [Ac 7s 7h Qd] [9c]*** SHOW DOWN ***Blue Baboon: shows [9d 9h] (a full house, Nines full of Sevens)Flush U Fool: shows [Ad Kc] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)Flush U Fool said, "lol"Blue Baboon collected 17819 from potBlue Baboon said, "ul man"POOFAMENTS is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 17819 | Rake 0Board [Ac 7s 7h Qd 9c]Seat 1: bfit (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: S33S (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: Mehrmau folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: POOFAMENTS folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Mr.Puravida folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: Blue Baboon showed [9d 9h] and won (17819) with a full house, Nines full of SevensSeat 9: Flush U Fool (button) showed [Ad Kc] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sevensteach him to play the hand horribly/slowroll imojust a personal thing, I prefer p laying with the usual 2/3 people watching, not a load of people I barely know..

That's pretty sweetI love being a luckbox, but hate being labelled forum luckbox by the masses when say this happens...Seat 1: bfit (15644 in chips)Seat 3: S33S (5201 in chips)Seat 4: Mehrmau (10972 in chips)Seat 5: POOFAMENTS (10738 in chips)Seat 6: Mr.Puravida (17297 in chips)Seat 7: Blue Baboon (15588 in chips)Seat 9: Flush U Fool (8122 in chips)bfit: posts the ante 75S33S: posts the ante 75Mehrmau: posts the ante 75POOFAMENTS: posts the ante 75Mr.Puravida: posts the ante 75Blue Baboon: posts the ante 75Flush U Fool: posts the ante 75bfit: posts small blind 400S33S: posts big blind 800*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Blue Baboon [9d 9h]Mehrmau: foldsPOOFAMENTS: foldsMr.Puravida: foldsBlue Baboon: raises 1325 to 2125Flush U Fool: calls 2125bfit: foldsS33S: folds*** FLOP *** [Ac 7s 7h]Blue Baboon: bets 8000Flush U Fool said, "AA?"Flush U Fool said, "7?"Flush U Fool: calls 5922 and is all-inUncalled bet (2078) returned to Blue Baboon*** TURN *** [Ac 7s 7h] [Qd]*** RIVER *** [Ac 7s 7h Qd] [9c]*** SHOW DOWN ***Blue Baboon: shows [9d 9h] (a full house, Nines full of Sevens)Flush U Fool: shows [Ad Kc] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)Flush U Fool said, "lol"Blue Baboon collected 17819 from potBlue Baboon said, "ul man"POOFAMENTS is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 17819 | Rake 0Board [Ac 7s 7h Qd 9c]Seat 1: bfit (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: S33S (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: Mehrmau folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: POOFAMENTS folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Mr.Puravida folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: Blue Baboon showed [9d 9h] and won (17819) with a full house, Nines full of SevensSeat 9: Flush U Fool (button) showed [Ad Kc] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sevensteach him to play the hand horribly/slowroll imojust a personal thing, I prefer p laying with the usual 2/3 people watching, not a load of people I barely know..
gotta not give a shit what people think especially random ones you dont know.
This is a good point, people always want to take the guy with the posse down, IMO.
It's called the instant bragging rights bounty. I took out the guy with the most support here. Pwnd.

i usually read the rail calls then find the tablei never say anything other than a gh to whomever i dont always root for said fcp playeri liked watching fluff's run at wcoop i could not afford buy in i could not chat on table is anyone top three tables or so other than 4.40's

Railing 1011) if we didn't want you there, we wouldn't post rail threads, so show up like an invited guest.2) as an invited guest, you don't tell the host that his other friends are all idiots. by the same token, the other people at a table have paid to play where you have not. show some respect for ALL the players while cheering for your fellow FCP player.3) bad play is ALWAYS encouraged in the other players. an occasional "nice hand" to someone's bad play encourages them to do it more and improves the chances of the FCP player. also, when someone is knocked out a simple "good game, <insert name>" is sufficient. you can come back to the rail thread if you absolutely feel the need to say they played badly. do NOT do so at the table. it encourages them to play better & you might be up against them at a future date.4) saying that you are railing for an FCP friend is a Good Thing. saying it 500 times? not so much.5) ENJOY the rail. funny is always welcome.6) do not discuss any ongoing hand, this is Bad Form at any poker table. online does not give you the right to influence a hand in any way. detailed analysis can be done in the rail thread, and will be appreciated here even more than coming here to call the other players donks. we already know that everyone else is a donk. explaining why is added value.