How Do I Take A Screen Shot And Then Post It?

1.a] if you want the whole desktop, press the PRINT SCREEN key.1.b] if you want just the window of a specific program, use ALT+PRINT SCREEN2. open PAINT.3. press CTRL+v to paste.4. if you want just a portion of the picture, click & drag a box around the area, then in the Image menu select Crop.5. save the results as whatever, in a place you can find it.6. open your browser.** i suggest creating a photobucket account, www.photobucket.com7. log in to photobucket, upload the picture.8. once it uploads, photobucket will give you 4 different link types. copy the one that has [/img] tags around it-- you can paste this directly into a forum message.

tried print screen keythen paste into Paint program but doesnt' work. dont' know whylooked it up on google, followed the steps but still a problem. help please.
Are you trying to take a screen shot of a video or what? A lot of times you'll get a black screen if you try to cap from WMP. If this is what's happening, go to Tools>Options>Performance, and then slide the "Graphics Acceleration" bar all the way to "none" and it should work.
Did you hit the function key, fn then print screen?
this could be the problem. I'll look for the fn key when I get home. Not all computers have this? at work, it works if I just press the printscrn button but not at home.