I don't think we've put ourselves to a difficult decision at all. It's a big pot preflop for the stack sizes: Big enough that I'd happily go to war with what I thought was the best one pair. Since I'm not going to fold top set here, I don't have any issue with him having control of the hand. I'm much more concerned about the villain checking behind, like Krup said.Yeah, he can have JT, but we're still stacking off by the river taking the worst of it. There's no way for us to play pot control now. Just forget about JT and maximize your value against the rest of his range.
Exactly. I don't care about him checking the turn behind me anyway because if I'm ahead on the turn and willing to stack off regardless, the river can only improve his chances of making a better hand and being more willing to stack.
Why did you check the turn? What hands containing a ten are even in his range?
TT, JTs
Checking was a mistake, you gave up control of the hand and showed weakness.
What I meant by checking was a mistake was you gave your control of the betting to him, so when he bets you have to raise all-in. You should have fired again on the turn making him make the tough decision not putting that decision on yourself.
This is poor logic. Losing control of the hand and looking weak is not a problem when we have almost the nuts and aren't folding. Does that make sense? There is no 'tough decision' we need to put villain to. If he beats us, he has an easy decision and what do we care, we're never folding. If he's behind, what do we care if he tries to put us to a tough decision? Think about it this way: If you bet $15 on the turn and he has a T and shoves, oh well we're stacking off right? So if we check and he bets the $15 and we shove, what is the difference? The difference is, we've let him bluff if he has air and wants to.I bet turn and stack off and if he has TT hopefully we suck out.Mark
My main issue with the play is the flat-call on the flop. If we think we have the best hand in a 1010, or we that we have FE, we should raise. Flat-calling is terrible unless your read is precise to "he tried to steal PF and would only lead like that with middle pair."I'd like to read your thinking on this because it's definitely not a line I'd expect from a player of your caliber.
Why would we raise the flop w/TT? We're not getting better hands to fold and we're not getting worse hands to call and unless we're stacking off we're potentially getting blow off a weak draw. Holding TT in villain's spot this is a perfect place to "call for information". Use hero's turn action to further define his range. I think raising TT on this flop is far worse than calling.