an argument for nbc's head up championship

I didn't get a chance to catch any of the episodes of NBC's coverage of the Heads Up Championship until tonight.This is the best poker show on TV.All the negative feedback from the people who had originally seen the show made me skeptical, but I wonder if this was not an already preconceived opinion because it would be a major network covering a star studded event. (I would never say internet players are snobs!)Firstly, the coverage is more professional than any poker show to date, no competition. The graphics and music are smooth, and the commentary is excellent. The commentators are neither intrusive nor obnoxious.Secondly, the big complaint that not enough hands were shown is absurd. There were more hands shown in an hour than any ESPN coverage of the WSOP. (The WPT probably shows more)Thirdly, the matches were fun to watch, especially the Chan/Woods match. I really enjoyed seeing James Woods get completely owned by Chan. The highlight had to be when Chan moved in on a flop of KJx all hearts with K10h and Woods asked Chan to show him one card. Chan looked right at him, replied with how much the all-in was. It was great to see Chan give Woods the "i know were having fun, but come on, there's money on the line) look.Overall, I think NBC did a pretty stellar job with the coverage. I look forward to the next episode.By the way, I was pretty disappointed with the play of Woods in this match. He has been hyped as a top player, and was absolutely just scared out of his mind with the exception of his one silly all in move with AJ.

Guest XXEddie
Daniel Negreanu was amazing :club:
yeahi love how he called both the 8 :D and the J :D for his runner runner str8 flushI lived scotty's reaction when he went over to the table

Ive never seen so much GREAT POKER on a show ever! Heads up is great for tv! You really get to see great plays getting made. I've learned more from this show than any poker show on tv. I Like how Gabe Kaplan said "you can throw away your DVD's and your cds, this is how to play poker" I watched it again on CNBC last Thursday just to see Negreanu call his cards again. BRILLIANT!

The reason I like it is a bit different. I think it'll create new fishies on the websites! Nothing greater than newbies playing J7o in a 10 handed game and expecting to win with a pair of 7s like the pros did on tv...valen

I dislike it compared to WPT, maybe not so much ESPN... finally i get to see gabe kaplan again ....i dont recall seeing him do a broadcast since 2002 wsop. i think that this heads-up form of poker is very entertaining but lacks something i cant put my finger on. I also was a little bias about NBC, a bigger station carrying poker but they seem to have done a good job. I being a huge bracket fan was pleased with the form of the tournament. Good luck with this NBC. However, i still enjoy my good ol WPT.