Folding The Overpair Again

PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is CO with Jspade.gif, Jdiamond.gifUTG calls, MP calls, Hero raises, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls, UTG calls, MP callsFlop: (10.5 SB) 8heart.gif, 6heart.gif, 3spade.gif(5 players)BB bets, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero raises, Button calls, BB calls, 1 fold, MP callsTurn: (9.75 BB) 5heart.gif(4 players)BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, Button raises, BB calls, 1 fold, Hero folds .....I posted a hand earlier about folding an overpair.The consensus was that I could still be ahead and thus should probably call down the rest of the way.Is this example different?The board is certainly a lot scarrier.Assume no reads.Please advise.--CM

Even if we are in a spot where we have outs against the button, as in he has two pair, our equity sucks, especially since BB is often sitting on a big draw of some sort, possibly killing any outs we may have (pair + fd or something).Our best case scenario, in terms of getting to showdown for the best price results in us needing to be ahead at showdown roughly 10% of the time. I highly doubt we are, when we weigh how often BB us drawing dead, combined with the times that we're ahead, or drawing semi live, but our outs are blocked, or we have to dodge a dozen cards when we are ahead.

• 4 weeks later...