Opening An Account For My Brother

So, my brother wants me to open him a poker account, but he doesn't have a credit card and his debit card doesn't work. If I let him use my credit card is the site going to think this is a dual account and freeze both our accounts or is this nothing to worry about? I'm assuming that we'll probably have to both provide our personal info so they don't think it's just a fake person. And I don't want to just transfer him money from my account because then he wouldn't get the deposit bonus.So, will this be ok or is this frowned upon? Oh, going to open account at cake if that makes a difference.

I'm not really sure how they deal with things like that, but since it's all legit, you might be ok to email them and ask.(And don't forget rakeback obv.) :club:

Yes email them. They just want you to deposit, thats all they are thinking about, they will find a way usually. Maybe because you are American it will be more awkard. But I've worked on a site and its all about the deposit, this was never an issue. But european so depositing was a lot easier

Most sites have interplayer transfers, so just transfer it to him from your account. I wouldnt play cash games or sit n gos at the same table though.
No bonus that way though.

If you use your card to fund his account, your card and his account will be frozen on the site.

well, it's for his protection!
True. Maybe emailing them will present some sort of solution.If not, then I guess just transfer and pretend rakeback is a bonus, lol.

Cakes rakeback is bigger than the bonus.The bonus is similar to FTP in that it releases at ever $10 and you have to play a LOT of hands at larger limits to clear it. I have some money on there and wouldn't mind getting it off. $600+(I think). If you want to fund his acct this way, let me know.

Cakes rakeback is bigger than the bonus.The bonus is similar to FTP in that it releases at ever $10 and you have to play a LOT of hands at larger limits to clear it. I have some money on there and wouldn't mind getting it off. $600+(I think). If you want to fund his acct this way, let me know.
True, but you do earn a bit more if you do them in conjunction. But nothing crazy since the bonus counts against rakeback, but I think it still gives you somewhere closer to 50% rakeback when you're doing both. I forget exactly.

Credit card fraud is massive and it's the sites who pay for it so I seriously doubt that the site will give you approval and like Seth said if they find out after the fact good chance both accounts will be frozen.Bonus abuse is also one of the things that a lot of online sites really really hate and something like this will scream bonus abuse to them even if that isn't your intention.

They emailed me back saying that as long as I haven't used it to fund my account it will be fine. And since I had only used epassporte(RIP) it's not a problem. He'll have to provide the standard info when he wants to withdrawl though. Thanks for the help.

Credit card fraud is massive and it's the sites who pay for it so I seriously doubt that the site will give you approval and like Seth said if they find out after the fact good chance both accounts will be frozen.Bonus abuse is also one of the things that a lot of online sites really really hate and something like this will scream bonus abuse to them even if that isn't your intention.
Sounds pretty reasonable.Napa, what about the "UseMyWallet" option? Looks like it's similar to E-check.Edit: Saw your response. That's good then I guess.

I had a similar situation. Although it is with E-mail's for my father. He is a computer nit. So when I set him up I used my E-mail for both accounts. Several times when I would send a message they would reply to my fathers name. A simple explanation and being up front should be no problem. I guess it is all site dependant. My situation was with stars.

If you have any more issues, I think there are plenty of people around who would let you pay them through paypal for cake money. Actually, if you haven't done it, that might be the nice thing to do. I'm sure they would pay the 5% fee from paypal also.