PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.05 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($8.49)UTG ($26.33)UTG+1 ($4.93)MP1 ($4.05)Hero ($9.30)CO ($10.64)Button ($16.47)SB ($6.07)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Aspade.gif, Aclub.gif, 9spade.gif, Qspade.gif. 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.22, 1 fold, Button calls $0.22, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.95, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.73, Button calls $0.73.Flop: ($2.92) Jdiamond.gif, 9club.gif, 9heart.gif(3 players)BB bets $0.4, Hero raises to $1.8, Button folds, BB calls $1.40.Turn: ($6.52) Kheart.gif(2 players)BB bets $5.74 (All-In), Hero folds.Final Pot: $6.52

My first thought was JJ but KK might be more likely given how he played the hand. I don't see many players at this level pot-reraising PF with any hand that contains JJ. Something like KKA2 is more likely. I just didn't see him playing anything I beat like this.The only part I'm really questioning is the turn raise. Since I'm already well behind both JJ and J9, might it have been better to call and see if I could fill up on the turn?

My first thought was JJ but KK might be more likely given how he played the hand. I don't see many players at this level pot-reraising PF with any hand that contains JJ. Something like KKA2 is more likely. I just didn't see him playing anything I beat like this.The only part I'm really questioning is the turn raise. Since I'm already well behind both JJ and J9, might it have been better to call and see if I could fill up on the turn?
with preflop action I think you have to raise the flop here as you are almost always ahead. I prob would've raised the max personally. Then on the turn if he pushed it would be an ez call. As played though I think it is read dependent on whether he has the goods here or not on the turn push
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, spew fold.a) Reraise preflop. Take it down there, because you cannot make a low hand. If someone wants to call with A2xx fine, but charge the maximum on every street. Do not slow play.B) It is a high only flop. Forget that it is Omaha. He has reraised your AA preflop, if he has JJ or J9 you are just going to have to pay him off here. His most likely hand is AAxx or A29, just like you. Reraise full pot.c) If he flat called the flop after you pumped it, he does not have 9J or JJ. When he moves in on the turn he does not have KK or K9. His most likely hand here is QTxx, or something gay like AhJh (idk about your limits but I see people do this type of thing all the time).Whether or not you call on the turn given how the action has played out depends entirely on your feel for the player and the situation - it's based on how he has bet his hands earlier in the session. I would lean towards calling simply because many people overplay weak high hands because they should assume you have A2xx after you raised and called preflop. The dude could have AKJ5, Jh5h. I've seen dumber shoves.

• 1 month later...

Why just call his 3-bet preflop? Why not just put it all in preflop? That also keeps you from having to make a hard decision on later streets.What do you guys think?

Wow, spew fold.c) If he flat called the flop after you pumped it, he does not have 9J or JJ. When he moves in on the turn he does not have KK or K9. His most likely hand here is QTxx, or something gay like AhJh (idk about your limits but I see people do this type of thing all the time).
I don't know how you can say that he probably has Q10xx, but can't have JJ or J9
Why just call his 3-bet preflop? Why not just put it all in preflop? That also keeps you from having to make a hard decision on later streets.What do you guys think?
you have posistion and there is plenty of money left to be played. unless i think he is better than me i would rather take a flop.