Ak In The Sb - $1.75 18 Man Turbo

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 (t3575)MP2 (t3570)CO (t4765)Button (t2205)Hero (t3970)BB (t600)UTG (t3735)UTG+1 (t4580)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aclub.gif, Kspade.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t150, MP1 raises to t300, 3 folds, Hero raises to t1000, 1 fold, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t700.Flop: (t2300) Adiamond.gif, Jspade.gif, Qheart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 checks.Turn: (t2300) 2club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t900, Hero calls t900.River: (t4100) 7spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t900, Hero calls t900.Final Pot: t5900The BB was sitting out, and I wanted to re-raise as I figured I was ahead of MP1's range. I probably should have lead the flop, but I was trying to keep the pot small as I was probably behind most of his range now.I figure after the flop his range is crushing me because AQ, AJ, QQ and JJ have all outflopped me. I think he would have shoved aces or kings over the top of my re-raise preflop. To be honest I imagine he might do this with queens and jacks as well. I called the turn and river bets because I had under-represented my hand so much that he could easily be putting me on something like kings =/Thoughts?

I don't have the slightest clue how to play this hand. A standard reraise commits about 1/4 of your stack, and then you end up playing a bloated pot OOP on the flop if you get called. A standard CB on the flop actually commits you to the pot. On the other hand, pushing over the top PF seems like overkill with an M of more than 17. Flat calling would also be silly because you then face the prospect of playing OOP against 2 villains on the flop.Under the circumstances, I think you played it okay. I can't think of another way to play it that is clearly better.

By raising to 1K, you're giving 2.4-1 on the call to the min-raiser plus you have the limper to contend with also. OOP, stack sizes make this hand tough to play so I probably just shove preflop and eliminate the post flop problems.As played, I lead the flop which commits you to the pot and get it in. You have the four tens as pure outs plus the Kings if you're behind.

By raising to 1K, you're giving 2.4-1 on the call to the min-raiser plus you have the limper to contend with also. OOP, stack sizes make this hand tough to play so I probably just shove preflop and eliminate the post flop problems.As played, I lead the flop which commits you to the pot and get it in. You have the four tens as pure outs plus the Kings if you're behind.
I agree that the pot odds I am offering are a little too generous. But I think shoving 25 BBs in preflop is a big overshove as well. I also think it folds out a lot of the hands we beat. After thinking about it, re-raising to 1200 then open shoving is a better way to play it.What do you guys think?
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 (t3575)MP2 (t3570)CO (t4765)Button (t2205)Hero (t3970)BB (t600)UTG (t3735)UTG+1 (t4580)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aclub.gif, Kspade.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t150, MP1 raises to t300, 3 folds, Hero raises to t1000, 1 fold, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t700.Flop: (t2300) Adiamond.gif, Jspade.gif, Qheart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 checks.Turn: (t2300) 2club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t900, Hero calls t900.River: (t4100) 7spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t900, Hero calls t900.Final Pot: t5900The BB was sitting out, and I wanted to re-raise as I figured I was ahead of MP1's range. I probably should have lead the flop, but I was trying to keep the pot small as I was probably behind most of his range now.I figure after the flop his range is crushing me because AQ, AJ, QQ and JJ have all outflopped me. I think he would have shoved aces or kings over the top of my re-raise preflop. To be honest I imagine he might do this with queens and jacks as well. I called the turn and river bets because I had under-represented my hand so much that he could easily be putting me on something like kings =/Thoughts?
u raised with AK... you hit tptk and straight draw... how can u not bet the flop? if u wanted to keep the pot small then u shouldnt have raised so much... and if after the flop you thought that you were behind his range then why call the turn knowing you would have to call the river.... if you thought u were beat...fold and lose your 1000 and move on.. and if u thought you were behind and u wanted to keep the pot small then why spew 1800 more.. thats not keeping the pot small imo... if you thought he put you on something like kings why did u keep calling if you thought his range had your tptk beat?edit: $1.75 turbo... i might just move in preflop cause its gonna be kinda ackward to to play after a raise... if i hit that flop with tptk after raising to 1000 preflop im at least betting if not pushing the flop and never folding

Either re-raise half your stack and open shove the flop or shove pre, re-raising to this amount makes playing the flop a bitch.As for postflop, you give good reasoning why you played it the way you did and i don't think it's a bad line at all.