Just saw In Bruges, a very black hitman comedy starring Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, and Ralph Fiennes. It is so tightly written that even giving away the jokes would be spoilers. Every thread, even the most seemingly throwaway gag or line, comes together in the climactic scene. It's bloody, sad, hopeful, and outrageously funny.I tend not to see movies until they're about to close, and rural Virginia doesn't get art films until pretty late, but if it's still playing near you, get off your ass right now and go see it!There are priest shootings, racist drug-abusing dwarves, hit men, skinhead bashing, American bashing, Canadian bashing, ninety minutes of Bruges and Belgium bashing, and a sweet, tender message of redemption at the heart of the movie. What's not to love?

I am surprised this made it to rural Virginia. I agree it was a very good movie -- a little slow at parts. However, it is an interesting morality tale not for people who like to turn off their brains when they watch a movie. Although it does have it's low brow moments. I definitely recommend as well.