A Quick Vent.....

……..I’ve been playing tourneys for about an hour and a half, so far today. And, if I take another beat, I’m gonna put my head thru the wall. STT’s and MTT’s, with no cashes……..I’ll start u off slow: $33 SnG Turbo: All-in (1095 chips, BB is 120) pre-flop with 44, I lose to A8o………but, I still have 495 chips left………that goes on the next hand with 88 vs. 55…..he makes a set. $20 SnG: All-in with QQ on fifth hand of tourney, I go down to KK………legit, but it sucks $33 SnG Turbo: I have 99 in the BB (which is 120), I have another 1390 chips…….folds to SB who limps, I raise to 400, he calls……flops is 3 Q 8 rainbow, he checks, I’m all-in, he calls with 87…….turn is a 7 $70 KO MTT: an hour & 15 min in……BB is 120, I’m in the SB with 2420, and wake up with AA…….UTG raises to 360, folds to me, I call, BB folds…….flop comes 8c9d2c, I check, he checks…….turn is 10d, I bet 500, he raises to 2520, I insta-call all-in, he has JhTh……………the river? 7d........I was a 72% fav with one card to go $10 MTT: I’m down to 710 chips, but still okay with blinds at 40-80……I get QQ on the button………middle position limps, I make it 300, blinds fold, MP puts me all-in, I insta-call, he has JTo…….the board some J5T A 2…..I was an 86% fav $24 KO Turbo Double Stack, 90-man SnG: about 45 min in, I’ve got 3310, the blinds are 25-50…….I’m UTG, I wake up with QQ and make it 200 to go……the shortie on my left is all-in for 175, the Button calls, the SB call, BB folds……….flop is 988 rainbow…….the SB is all-in for 1125, it’s a desperation steal, I re-raise to isolate, all-in for 3110, we get called by the Button!......turn is a 2, the river is an Ace…….the SB had 66……the shortie had KJo……….and the Button? He’s got A 8 offsuit……..scoops the 8170 pot, then has the audacity to say “Ty. I’m really glad I called there, I almost folded pre-flop” This ends soon, right?? It’s been going on for three or four months!! Maybe I should stick to live. :club:

I've been there and it sucks so bad. I had a problem to handle it. The best way to deal with it is to play very low stakes to get your confident back. I mean, I play the 4.40 180 MTT on stars and dont really care if I get rivered in every hand. Whenever I feel good again, I move back up. If the poker gods decides to take a shit on me as soon I'm back in my normal level, I'm back at the 4.40's. I know it's boring but that's my way of dealing long streaks of bad beats. gl

It can be scary if it is the first time it has happened to you.Just try to block it. I know it can be very hard, but just try to ignore it and play good poker.If you can do that, not let it worry you, then it will all even out and you will be laughing.The worst thing you can do is let the steam start.

Thx for the sympathies, peeps.Snake, I quite like you're advice. Altho, I do practice some good bankroll management, dropping down to some super-small limits & buy-ins is really good idea. It lets me keep playing, while I ride out the bad stuff.Cheers, everyone.