point 1, well, yea.point 2, well, no. if you can't beat play money games you think you're gonna beat real money games?
I don't think someone who couldn't beat play money could beat real money, but I don't think there are lifeforms who couldn't beat either with a little study. You could probably come up mechanical systems that would have a pretty huge edge in PM, actually. But it doesn't matter, because none of the plays that give those big edges in PM are really too useful at actual stakes, and at best you're not learning much at all and wasting time, and at worst you're learning things that you'll have to unlearn.Though my sarcastic implication was never that winning money-players couldn't beat play money games, and though I'm sure anyone with anything close to a decent theoretical background would adapt pretty instantly, there are plenty of players who win at high limits, who if you stuck in a play money game, wouldn't play very effectively. But that has nothing to do with anything, really, other than to kinda' point out that the two games require different strategies, and it pointless to learn the one that doesn't win real profit.
But it doesn't matter, because none of the plays that give those big edges in PM are really too useful at actual stakes, and at best you're not learning much at all and wasting time, and at worst you're learning things that you'll have to unlearn.
i agree with everything you said except this. i think you mis-estimate (what the hell is wrong with me what word goes there?) where the steepest climbs are in the poker learning curve.
i agree with everything you said except this. i think you mis-estimate (what the hell is wrong with me what word goes there?) where the steepest climbs are in the poker learning curve.
misjudged? :club: