2005 tournament of champions

Has anyone heard any news on what the lineup of the next TOC would be? I've heard some discussion on it here, but nothing concrete. I think most people in this forum would agree that last year's TOC was not necessarily the best current players in the world. For example, what the hell is Annie Duke doing there? Does she even crack the top 1000?I'm gonna throw some names out there and my reasons for including them:1. Reserved for whichever shmuck wins the WSOP this year (most likely someone you've never heard of....it seems to be the theme, but they deserve to be in it if they won).2. Daniel Negreanu (At least a top 3 tourney player currently)3. Erick Lindgren (Any "best of" table that does not include him is simply not telling the truth)4. John Juanda (An obvious pick, but he gets the Asian snub usually. Pretty common thing here in the states)5. Johnny Chan (Last guy to win back to back)6. Doyle Brunson (Probably not a current top player, but still the Godfather and belongs)7. Phil Hellmuth (Definitely not a top player, but exceptions need to be made for him. Why? Well, honestly just because he's well known and makes great TV.8. T.J. Cloutier (Probably not a current top player either, but he's still close)9. Chip Reese (I was glad to see him on it last year, despite him not being a household name).10. Dan Harrington (Making 2 final tables in a row with the fields as large as they were is probably the best accomplishment in WSOP history).Those are my picks (5-9 are just repeats). I'm assuming they're just going to do a 10 seater again, but they may bump it up to 11. I'm wondering if I left out any obvious choices. I believe they plan on doing it again this year as last one was a great success. DN got in last year through lobbying for his place, so it might be time to start voicing our opinions on who really belongs. Thoughts?
this table sucks
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil is purely a holdem player. However he is a great holdem player, last time i checked at the TOC there is no omaha or stud, so why shouldn't Phil be at the TOC. As well here is my TOC in no order1. Phil Hellmuth2. Phil Ivey3. Daniel4. Gus Hansen5. Layne Flack6. E-Dog7.Juanda8.Lederer9.Reese10. Ted Forrest

The tournament of Champions should be a 5 table tournament paying the top three finishers. Here is who should be on that table.. They should show every hand on T.V. as well. 1. Phil Ivey2. John Juanda3. Eric Lindgren4. Daniel Negranu5. Gus Hansen6. Doyle Brunson7. Marcel Luske8. Phil Hellmuth9. Howard Lederer10. Ted Forest11. Layne Flack12. Dan Harrington13. Scotty Nguyen14. T.J. Cloutier15. Men Ngyuen16. Chris Ferguson17. Barry Greenstein18. Eric Seidel19. Johnny Chan20. Humberto Brenes21. Chip Reese22. Chau Giang23. Carlos Mortensen24. John Cernuto25. David Pham26. Paul Philips27. Amir Vahedi28. Hoyt Corkins29. Kathy Liebert30. Matt March (thats me.LOL)