Opinions On A Hand Facing A Shove. Please Assist

Hey everyone, longtime lurker first time poster.I'm doing this from memory so I don't have all information on stack sizes for everyone at the table.Seven HANDED (10 Person SNG) AVG Chipstack about 4kThis is a live game.Seat 1: OUTSeat 2: Otherdude (700)Seat 3: OUTSeat 4: X1Seat 5: X2Seat 6: HERO (5500)Seat 7: OUTSeat 8: X3Seat 9: X4Seat 10: Villain (7kish)X4 posts the small blind of 400VILLAIN posts the big blind of 800The button is in seat #8*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HERO [As Jd]Other Dude Moves All in for 700X1 FoldsX2 FoldsHero raises to 1600x3 Foldsx4 FoldsVillain Calls 800*** FLOP *** [Ac Kc 8d]Villain Insta-shoves ALL INHERO?A few notes before coming to a conclusion:1) This is a extremely short-stacked SNG, that starts you off 30 BB. So though at this point in the game no one is really above 10BB, the play is still fairly tight-ish more or less because everyone else at the table is in the same situation. I know it's kinda hard to get a feel for it but you are going to have to trust me that this is a very strong move.2) Villian from my perception seems to have a weak-tight image. Multiple times He had AK, AQ, and did not raise with said hands even in position, and when the flop missed he checked it down against a single opponent. This happened about 3 times. He hasn't been in many pots and got his chips early on by being in a multi-way pot and doubling up.3) My Image is probably a little loose, I had a hand a few back where I limped with 97s on the button, flop was T 4 T. Checked to me HU. I check behind. Turn: 4. I throw out a half pot stab bet and get called. River: 7. Opponent had Ace High. Other than that though my raises have been pretty solid, but I haven't shown down many hands.4) One last thing: Pre flop before the cards came out I knew villain was putting chips in. He was looking down at his chips and getting them ready. Seems as though he had his mind made up.What do you guys think?[edit: I actually had 5500 before my raise]

Insta-call. We flopped exactly what we wanted to. We don't have enough chips to continue for very long. There's a good chance we are ahead.
Thank you for the advice.I think the main problem is how tough it is to describe how play at this place goes. In different arenas, I would insta-agree with you. I know it almost seems like a dumb question. In almost any tournament I play either live or online I wouldn't even bother asking the question. But here everyone is short stacked from the get-go... really the question that should be asked is why I play in these crapshoots to begin with ... lol For whatever reason, my play and others just seem to be different with this structure. People are more patient, myself included, and those types of shoves aren't really made too often. I guess it's just hard to convey. Maybe I shouldn't be playing these sngs.I have yet to give my answer as to what I did though, I would like to welcome any other comments though if anyone has any :)Thanks.
I don't see any choice. You aren't near the money and you will be shoving from here on out. The structure of that SNG sucks and I would never play it.
The structure is as follows:Starting stacks: 3000.10 Minute Blind Levels100 100100 200200 400300 600400 800500 10001000 2000heh.

Thankfully, I'm never in this spot because, as a previous poster mentioned, I shove here preflop every single time. If you take nothing away from the advice you get here, always shove in this spot. Your reraise is a terrible move.What would I do on the flop the way you played it? It's a call. Lots of hands shove here that you have beat especially considering the structure.But, if I think I'm beat, I fold.If you suck at making reads it's usually best to go with the "correct" play. If you make good reads, you have to trust them.Since no one here was at your table, I think 99 per cent of posters will tell you to call. If you truly believe you're beat here a high percentage of the time, you have to fold. Just don't get in the habit of making huge lay downs in sngs with this kind of structure.I certainly think the correct play is calling.

1st) How much can you win and what was the buy in.2nd) Do you need the money3rd) If you are going to reraise with ace jack preflop in a short handed SNG then you have already answered your own question.You have to call unless you need the money more than you need to win. You committed yourself imo when you reraised preflop. Unfortunatley your bad play preflop in a short handed SNG will demand a call. Atleast if you just call perflop and have min amount of your own stack in the middle you could fold top pair but when you reraised and hit your ace it is a instant call...

In a SNG with this structure you should be in jam or fold mode from the second or 3rd level onwards.Shove PF, once you only min-raised you can't fold on the flop.